cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX490 Keeps Cycling

elstx61
Contributor

Canon Pixma MX490 powers on and goes through initialization, then powers back off.  Keeps repeating the process as long as it's plugged in.  Buttons are non-responsive.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mike

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

View solution in original post

354 REPLIES 354

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Based on your description, I would recommend contacting our phone support team for additional assistance. They can be reached by logging into your My Canon Account and going to your support options.

To create a Canon account, please click HERE to for the Canon Account page. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Arthur, that sounds like a great idea...but I have been listening to your lovely music while on hold for over an hour.  It looks like the problem starts with Canon, since there are so many of us with the same problem and different printer models.  How about check things on your end?

I created a Canon account. I made the call but recording said hold time was over an hour. I asked for a call back and recording was to expect a call back between 1 hour and 33 minutes and 2 hours and 22 minutes! Ridiculous! This seems to be a problem that CANON has caused because so many are all experiencing the same issue within the same time period. CANON needs to send out a response immediately to this forum or even to their Facebook page. 

I was able to successfully get someone on the phone after holding for a hour and a half; all they told me was to buy a new printer!

If that is the resolution that Canon is offering, I can assure them that Canon brand will not be a choice for many of us!

Don't buy a new printer. Disconnect the Wi-Fi and the power will return as normal. I recommend wiping the settings, i.e., performing a factory reset using the printer menu, to prevent it from connecting again.

Although, yes... if a new printer is needed, it certainly won't be a Canon ever again for me.

Same here. I am quickly losing confidence and any customer loyalty I might have had to CANON. If this is what they want, so be it. They will not be getting another penny from me.

blr
Contributor

I got through this afternoon and was told it is like a car.  They break down.  All they could offer was a 10% discount on a new printer.  Plus, I now have to pay a recycling fee.

This seems false as the likely hood of all our machines breaking at the exact same time seems slim 

Announcements