cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX490 Keeps Cycling

elstx61
Contributor

Canon Pixma MX490 powers on and goes through initialization, then powers back off.  Keeps repeating the process as long as it's plugged in.  Buttons are non-responsive.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mike

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

View solution in original post

354 REPLIES 354

jperez739
Contributor

My Canon started to do the same thing. All that the screen on the printers display will show is the Canon logo. I can't figure how to factory reset the printer

wildhorse27
Apprentice

I have the same issue. My printer is a MX492. Cannon maybe pushed some kind of update. Now I'm headed to the store for a new printer. 

Well, I have never liked Canon products, but not ready to spring for a new printer. Waiting for Canon to fix it. How many businesses are affected?

My business is affected. 

nebulon5
Apprentice

I am having this issue too!  Happened out of nowhere!  Did they force an update that screwed it up?  Looks like everyone's issue just came up at the same time! 

lmk53
Apprentice

Mine was doing same thing after storm last nite. After searching online I did the following: unplugged printer from power strip, disconnected printer at my modem/wifi router box, pushed power button on printer 10x (according to Canon), plugged printer back in, reconnected printer to modem/router.  Now it's working.  I think the important things were disconnecting power & internet.  Hope something from this helps you.

Oh no.  I spoke too soon.  It worked long enuf to print one document and now back to power cycling.

See my update. Your fix works if you leave the printer on. At least it has so far. Have printed several things and functions seem to be there.

Try this article. The printers will ONLY print from a USB for now until Cannon fixes what they clearly caused...

https://www.theverge.com/2022/6/1/23150498/canon-pixma-printer-reboot-loop-mx492-solution

Announcements