cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX490 Keeps Cycling

elstx61
Contributor

Canon Pixma MX490 powers on and goes through initialization, then powers back off.  Keeps repeating the process as long as it's plugged in.  Buttons are non-responsive.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mike

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

View solution in original post

354 REPLIES 354

donyuhhh
Apprentice

I couldn’t disconnect wifi from the printer so I turned off wifi, disconnected printer from power, waited 30 seconds and turned it on and the cycling stopped, turned on normal. After waiting for 3 minutes I turned on wifi, waited 3 more minutes and was able to print a document thru AirPrint. Idk if this will work again as I’m heading out for work that I’m late for because of this stupid printer problem 😞

Zinful
Contributor

The problem started when right after I reset my wifi router. I needed to make a copy of a document and all the display says is CANON while it keeps recycling. I unplugged it and am now waiting for Canon to do something. Good luck?

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Based on your description, I would recommend contacting our phone support team for additional assistance. They can be reached by logging into your My Canon Account and going to your support options.

To create a Canon account, please click HERE to for the Canon Account page. 

Also, if your printer is in warranty, Canon also has a chat team that would be happy to assist you with this issue. Please click HERE and in the chat/ask a question box that appears, ask the chat bot to speak to a live person. Our chat agents are available Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Arthur,

Have you read all of the complaints about recycling that have all been submitted in the past couple hours? This is not something that is caused by the users. Plus, one other commenter has already said they are on hold for hours. Please take this problem up the ladder so someone at Canon understands the scope of the problem and figures out how to fix it.

Thanks

Hi,

Canon is currently looking into this issue and any updates will be posted on the usa.canon.com website.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well. 

I continue to reply to you Arthur.  I followed your advice, created an account, called, and all I was told was that I could be offered a discount on a new printer.  Surely all of us have not experienced a hardware breakdown at the exact same time.

Please stop telling us to call some 800 number and sit on hold.  Too many people with the same problem at the same time...it's NOT us.  Fix your issue.

Arthur I think your reply is off base here. I can't even log on to my Canon Account. The link is broke, and Canon on the phone would not even connect me to a person without me opening a ticket online which I can't do because of the broken link. After I finally did talk to someone about the web page, she was completely dismissive and said try another browser (like I didn't try that already). Very disappointed in how Canon is handling this, and once I got on a cue in the phone line, the wait was going to be over an hour and I am work. I can't even sign up to make a new account under a different email. This is a problem Canon created and I think they should fix it with another update or reverse whatever they did.

@ArthurJ, If you review the posts, you will see that other users found a work around that doesn't involve sitting on hold with Canon only to be told their printer is out of warranty and they can get a credit toward the purchase of a new unit!! Shame on Canon for not posting the work around front and center on this forum page so anyone logging on will see the solution immediately without scrolling thru hundreds of posts! 

Agreed graumli and thx for your help...one of many.

I've been posting and posting but some don't seem to get it or...I dunno. Getting frustrated that I've given the fix and it seems to be ignored. Same people complaining even after being told the fix.

Announcements