cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faint White Lines on Photo Prints - Pixma PRO 200

gdcp
Apprentice

Hello,

I am having an issue with my Pixma PRO-200 where I am seeing faint white lines on prints that have a light blue/yellow tint to it. I have cleaned the print head, performed print head alignment, reviewed the nozzle check pattern, and my ink levels all show greater than 1/3 remaining. No issues from any of those tests.

I purchased this in March'21 and haven't come across it before. I'm wondering if my ink levels are lower than they seem on the printer estimates and that's causing an issue? Has anyone come across a similar issue with printing? I have attached 2 prints that I noticed the white banding. I'm printing from Lightroom/Photoshop and performing the print on a Macbook. Any insight will be helpful!

Thanks

IMG_5902.jpeg

IMG_5904.jpeg

IMG_5905.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply, Hector. I actually had my printer replaced through warranty, it was not an issue with the nozzles and was not something that could be fixed through normal print settings or at home repair.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Gdcp,

The issue could be caused by clogged nozzles in the print head or the settings used to print on the paper you have. We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What type of paper are you printing on at the moment?
  2. What paper type do you select when you are printing?
  3. Does this happen when printing on other papers?
  4. Do you notices any streaks when printing a nozzle check?

Thanks for the reply, Hector. I actually had my printer replaced through warranty, it was not an issue with the nozzles and was not something that could be fixed through normal print settings or at home repair.

I have the exact same faint white lines problem. Could I also get assistance?

You would need to register your product on the Canon support site fot the printer and then request support via the site. 

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-pro-200

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I have registered my printer

Hey, johnborrelli!  Thanks so much for registering.  Now that you've done that, support is just a phone call away at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).  Our PRO-series printer support team is open Monday through Friday.  Hope to talk to you soon!

IMG_0114.jpg

@Danny wrote:

Hey, johnborrelli!  Thanks so much for registering.  Now that you've done that, support is just a phone call away at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).  Our PRO-series printer support team is open Monday through Friday.  Hope to talk to you soon!

This is a photo of an image I have printed. if you look at the bluish part of the sky you can see the lines. The lines look exactly like the previous poster GDCP above who needed to send the printer in for repair. thanks for any info, john

printer test 2.jpgprinter test 1.jpgprinter test 1.jpg

printer test.jpg

Announcements