cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro-100 nozzle check - off colors

donmeier
Contributor

I haven't used this printer for awhile but recently I've noticed that the colors in the prints are a slightly darker than they appear on screen.  I ran the nozzle check and found that there weren't any streaks but the colors were not appearing as they should (see below).Canon Pro-100 nozzle check.jpg

As you can see the magenta is practically the same color as the photo magenta as well as the cyan and photo cyan. Also, the black is lighter than the gray.   I replaced the cartridges and the result was still the same. 

I've cleaned and deep cleaned the heads but it still doesn't make any difference. 

Can anyone explain what I would need to do to get this to print properly again?  It used to work beautifully. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

You can go into the printer driver and ajust brightness and colors here:

Screenshot 2021-02-23 082459.jpg

But that shouldn't really be ncessary other than for some minor fine tuning.

Something definitely appears wrong to me, but everything I can think of you seem to have done.

Since you have Photoshop you could try downloading and install Print Studio Pro, but I am not hopeful it will change anything. Since it was working properly before the issue wouldn't seem to be general settings.

I can't think of anything else. Unfortunately, I don't think Canon offers support anymore for that printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

View solution in original post

Glad to hear you are getting where you want Don.

You could try this:

1. in the printer driver adjust the brightness and the color sliders (if they need it).

2. In the Main window select Save and save a setting selection with the name you want.

Screenshot 2021-03-06 055541.jpg3. Select the Always Use checkmark.

Then, when you go to print you just need to select paper and size and the Brightness setting should be remembered.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Prints slightly darker than screen doesn't necessarily mean a printer problem. It could be your screen is too bright. 

Print this test image and see how it looks. Are the colors OK?  Does it look like a nice print?

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi048/essay.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John,

Following is the printer evaluation image as suggested.  Sorry I couldn't get it rotated but hopefully you'll still be able to review it. 

PrinterEvaluationImage.jpg

As you can tell everything is a shade darker than it should be.  It's close as I said but not quite accurate. 

Any thoughts on this?

Don

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Here is what Canon says the nozzle check should look like:

163F4444-C438-4F35-ACDC-AE1C8EF97DDA.jpeg

Yours looks OK. 

What operating system are you using? 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Win 10

I've toyed with the thought of uninstalling and reinstalling the printer drivers.  Would that make any difference? 

That never hurts.

Can you print a screenshot of the settings you are using?

By any chance, if you go to Devices & printers in the Control panel does your printer have WS after it?

Screenshot 2021-02-21 094758.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I did reinstall the drivers with an updated version, but that didn't make any difference. 

The printer name does not have a WPS suffix. 

Here are the settings as requested. Let me know if you were looking for something else.

Canon Pro-100 settings.jpg

In looking back at your nozzle check screenshot it looks like you have vertical bars in the color swatches. 

Maybe try performing a nozzle alignment in the driver maintenance section. 

Even though the image looks dark it appears like it has a black filter effect over it rather than just a brightness issue. 

What software are you printing from?

In the color section of the printer driver you could try boosting the brightness as a test to see how it affects the printout b

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I already tried to align the nozzles manually, but it didn't make any difference. 

Generally for convenience's sake I print from Irfanview.  I can also print from Photoshop but it just tells me that the printer is controlling the process. 

I have gone to the Color Management tab of Printer Properties where everything is set to default.  I've never even attempted to deal with this and it's rather confusing to me so what would I have to do to lighten the overall color?

You can go into the printer driver and ajust brightness and colors here:

Screenshot 2021-02-23 082459.jpg

But that shouldn't really be ncessary other than for some minor fine tuning.

Something definitely appears wrong to me, but everything I can think of you seem to have done.

Since you have Photoshop you could try downloading and install Print Studio Pro, but I am not hopeful it will change anything. Since it was working properly before the issue wouldn't seem to be general settings.

I can't think of anything else. Unfortunately, I don't think Canon offers support anymore for that printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements