cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAW + L on the LCD is not the FILE EXTENSION

character_stops
Enthusiast

I definitely had the right image quality selected when shooting RAW + L, even the LCD says it is for each preview, the info button avails the correct image quality. However, when I import to my computer and Lightroom, the only pictures I see a .jpg and not CR2 at all. Isn't there suppost to be 2 files for each shot anyway? The manual says they should be in the same folder.Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 2.23.33 PM.png

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Here's fix for your RAW in Photos issue. 

image.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

Photos and Lightroom both work perfectly with RAW files, so unless you have a specific need for a straight out of camera RAW file there's no need to shoot RAW+L. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

There are some issues wih El Capitan and Lightroom, but they are not related to what you are doing. I am using LR 6.2 on my MacBook with El Capitan with no problems.

I also have no problems with my Wacom Intuos (not the Pro version).

Here we go:

1. connect your camera or insert SD card in card reader. If Photos opens (and you don't want it to) toggle the selector in upper left hand corner of header.

2. Quit Photos and eject device. Reconnect device; nothing should happen. Go to Apps and select Image Capture. Select the card, and at bottom of that column will be an arrow icon. Use that to select what you want to happen when that device is connected.

Image_Capture.jpg

As I said earlier, to Apple a reformatted card is a new device. Not a major deal, but if you want to avaoid the hassle delete the files from the card rather than reformatting (until you need to).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

25 REPLIES 25

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Here's fix for your RAW in Photos issue. 

image.png

That's pretty remarkable. Whoever made the decision to treat the JPEG as original must not have understood what a RAW file is.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

character_stops
Enthusiast
thanks very much

There are some issues wih El Capitan and Lightroom, but they are not related to what you are doing. I am using LR 6.2 on my MacBook with El Capitan with no problems.

I also have no problems with my Wacom Intuos (not the Pro version).

Here we go:

1. connect your camera or insert SD card in card reader. If Photos opens (and you don't want it to) toggle the selector in upper left hand corner of header.

2. Quit Photos and eject device. Reconnect device; nothing should happen. Go to Apps and select Image Capture. Select the card, and at bottom of that column will be an arrow icon. Use that to select what you want to happen when that device is connected.

Image_Capture.jpg

As I said earlier, to Apple a reformatted card is a new device. Not a major deal, but if you want to avaoid the hassle delete the files from the card rather than reformatting (until you need to).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Wow, that really helps!

I do have the Intuos Pro. Intuos 5 and Intuos Pro are supposely to be the same though. In other words the Intuos5 is now Intuos Pro. While both tablets work with El Capitan, problems occur when trying create certain custom tool functions on the radial menu (eg. if you want to make an opacity function that allows for custom opacity settings you there's no way to creatre a submenu or add the settings). Wacom simply has no tutorials showing how to deal with the interface changes. They instruct you based on older drivers.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Agree. But maybe they figured if someone was shooting RAW+JPEG they must want to use the in-camera JPEG
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements