EF & RF Lenses
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved! international lenses

what is the difference in buying a lens that states it's an international lens.  How is the quality is it comparable?  The price is lower, just wondering if any of you know?  thz, L.

fatcat by Rising Star
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

1.4 x teleconverter decision

I have 5D III with 500 f4.  I tried out for days in the field first without teleconter then with my Tamron 1.4x.  I did not notice any effect on autofocus. Effect on image quality is harder to assess. So my question is: 1). Anybody with experience be...

madencbm by Contributor
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Need help choosing lenses for 7D Mark II

Hello: I am purchasing a 7D Mark II and am looking for advice on some lens. I primarily take pictures of horses/wildlife/action sports. I want to have a good lens for portraits and a good one for wildlife/sports. I don't want to have 5 different lens...

ilzho by Rising Star
  • 47 replies
  • 0 likes

image stabilization 500mm f4 IS II

How do I tell if IS is working on my 500mm f4 IS II.  I cannot hear any sound from the lens when IS is turned on.  I have tried using live view while hand holding to see if image stabilizes shaking but nothing happens. Thanks in advance.

madencbm by Contributor
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Need advice on protective filter and lens hood

I am looking into purchasing a UV filter to protect my 18-135mm IS USM lens. Is the B+W 67mm UV Haze MRC 010M Filter a good filter to use if I would like to keep the filter on all of the time? Would a standard lens cap fit on top of this? Is the Cano...

shorty1 by Contributor
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Focal lengh to capture the moon

Hi,I need to photograph the moon in a way that occupies most of my 35mm FF frame without crop. Or bigger than the frame. I need a clear full moon with craters (no problem).The image will be in portrait mode.My test using a Canon EF 100mm macro L lens...

_LFC7945.jpg
Cunha by Rising Star
  • 48 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! 2.0x Extender vs. New Telephoto Lens Comparison

I currently own the EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM lens and am considering purchasing the EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS USM lens for an upcoming African safari trip.  Curious to opinions on whether I would be better off buying the EF 2.0X III extender and usi...

celson by Contributor
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Lens changing Live View's aperture in Manual mode

I just purchased a used 135L and have noticed on 2 different occasions that the aperature will start auto-adjusting in Live View as I increase or decrease exposure. The camera still says aperture is at 2.0 and it still renders the picture wide-open.....

Resolved! Need advice on lenses

I am planning on purchasing a Canon 80D with the 18-135mm IS USM lens. If I would like to take pictures of some sports (e.g. baseball), do I need the 55-250mm IS STM lens? I currently own a Canon 100-300mm F/4.5-5.6 ultrasonic lens, but it does not h...

shorty1 by Contributor
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Canon Rebel T3i better lens for focusing entire shot?

I have the lens that came with my T3i and while I can take some pretty nice pictures with it, I'm looking to purchase a lens where I can focus the shot in its entirety instead of just a single part of it with the background blurred. Obviously the mor...

Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements