EF & RF Lenses
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens Recommendations

Hello everyone!I have a Rebel T6I and I currently own three lenses. I own the standard kit lens 18-55mm, the nifty fifty Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM lens and finally a Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 lens. I want to purchase a more serious lens for my kit. I am looki...

100-400 USM II artifacts

I'm a wildlife photographer with an emphasis on rare birds and other species.  Over the past 40 years, I've used Leica, Ricoh, Sony Alpha, Lumix and Nikon systems but decided to switch to Canon when I got more serious about wildlife photography. I pu...

Apache-Goshawk.jpeg Ground-Doves.jpeg Arizona-Brown-Thrasher.jpeg White-tipped-Doves.jpeg
JeffD by Apprentice
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

EF lenses

I hamm ve an EF 100-400 1:4.5-5.6 L IS lens and have been quite happy with it.  I bought it just before the version II came out.  It cannot be used in combination with a 1.4 version extender on my 70D.Doesanybody know if this lens work with a 1.4 ext...

dtcheung by Apprentice
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

canon 5D lense

HIMy Canon 60D camer was drowned so I bought recently a 5D MARK II instead. BUt i just found out that some of my 60D lenses cannotbe mounted on the 5DIs there any adaptor that I could use in order to be able to use those lenses on the 5D or is it a l...

mpanol by Apprentice
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

photography on a budget...

I was told by a co-worker who is very knowledgeable on Canon cameras that i should get a 24-105mm lens because it will give me a whole range of shooting options is that true? Pllus, they are almost 1000 dollars that's expensive for a beginner...Are u...

mrc1703 by Contributor
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Affordable Wide Angle Low Light Lens

Good Morning! I am in search for a nice wide angle low light lens I can use on my 70D. I would prefer something under $500. I am looking to capture photos of the night sky and landscapes at all times of the day/night. Any suggestions would be appreci...

Trade up to a new Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS?

Gang, A brand new member here.  Thanks in advance for your opinions on this.   I have a first-generation EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS bought new in 2007.   Just back from CPS with a full clean and check.  They pronounced it in excellent shape.  There is not...

Resolved! Which hood lens should I get?

First of all, I don't know if this is the right place to post this message, if it isn't I'll be happy to post on a different forum. So I've been wanting to do awesome pictures, but lighting always seems to get in the way. I was told that a lens hood ...

Sjl755 by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! 18-135 Sharpness

I've had this lens for a while, using it on my 650D, and I'm not loving the results.  I'm finding that at almost all focal lengths, the edges are just plain blurry.  I know that few lenses are sharp throughout the frame, and I don't expect "L" qualit...

DPP_0079.JPG DPP_0079.JPG Untitled01a.JPG

Help me with lenses

Hello  I am looking for a great lense for my camera - Canon 5D Mark III but I am trying to find a great lense that is perfect for evertything like travel, people, street, etc. I am not sure if I should get 50mm or 85mm or something else? Hope you can...

Lens tissue paper or microfiber cloth?

What do you guys recommend for lens cleaning -- lens tissue or microfiber cloth? I assume that it's always best to use the rocket air blower and brush whenever possible. The gal on the Canon site uses 91 isopropyl alcohol to clean smudges when necess...

John_SD by Whiz
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! 100-400mm IS II autofocus issue

I recently purchased a new 100-400mm IS II lens and love it!  I have run into a small issue and not really sure of the cause.I have been using the same Canon 6D for 4 years with 70-300mm IS and have not had this issue before. For some reason I am ran...

shot2-in-focus.JPG shot1-out-of-focus.JPG
dsullens by Contributor
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

EFS 18-55mm lens from 1100d works on 80d?

I have the EFS 18-55mm lens i bought along with my 1100d. Will the live autofocus while recording still work on the 80d? because im debating whether to save the few hundred dollars and use that lens instead of buying a new one. i will be using the 80...

Older 5D

I have a full frame 5D purchased in 2006. Have EF lenses. Looking to upgrade body. Will 5DR or 5DRs fit my current lenses?

karlapep by Contributor
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements