cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro9000 Prints with Heavy Blue Cast

SilverSurfer122
Contributor

Hello all!

I have several Canon Pro9000 and Pro9000 Mark II printers. The Pro9000 Mark II printers are doing great. However, the Pro9000 printer is printing photos with a heavy blue cast to them. The blue is so heavy and so bad that any photo printed with it is destroyed.

I have tried printing both from Photoshop and from other programs, including straight from Window's photo viewer. When printing from Photoshop, I have tried both letting Photoshop manage colors and the printer manage colors. When Photoshop is managing colors, I've turn color management off for the printer (set it to None). I've made sure I have the proper paper selected, etc. It does not matter what I do, the Pro9000 still prints with a heavy blue cast.

I've tried switching from Auto to Manual in an attempt to reduce the blue. But even if I have the first slider (labeled Cyan) slid all the way to the red side and the third slider (labeled Yellow) slid all the way over to yellow, I am still getting a heavy blue, but now the images are too red and too yellow, etc.

What can I do to figure out what is going on with this printer? It used to print properly, so I am not sure what changed. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

PS - I am running Windows 8.1, 64-bit.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Is it just one printer that has the problem?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

Am I to understand, two different printers?  Several computers?  Plus any software doesn't matter?  Smiley Frustrated

You do know how impossibile this is?

You have a bad supply of ink.  Are you using genuine Canon ink?  Or, I am back to my first thought, the print heads have failed. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

I will give this a try later.

As a side note, I don't think the problem is the computer because this blue tinting is happening on both my desktop PC and the laptop that is dedicated to event printing. Also, a co-worker used the printer with their laptop with the same result.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Were there any changes to the computer between when they were printing OK and now? Updates. New software etc.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Certainly, there were new pieces of software installed. But I don't think this is the issue. I am getting the same results whether I print from my desktop PC or the laptop that I take to events with me (though I am going to check that again later today just to be sure). The laptop PC is dedicated only to event printing. As a result, it has not had any new software installed since this started to happen with the Pro9000's.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I know you said you did a nozzle check, but based on the facts you are presenting it would appear to be a printer problem.

I have seen some posts on line about head failures where ink channels cross.

All I can think of trying now is be sure all ink cartridges are seated correctly and do a deep cleaning.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Is it just one printer that has the problem?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

No. I have two Pro900o's and both are displaying this issue. My Mark II's are working perfectly.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Two printers show the same problem no matter what computer or software you use?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes.

Am I to understand, two different printers?  Several computers?  Plus any software doesn't matter?  Smiley Frustrated

You do know how impossibile this is?

You have a bad supply of ink.  Are you using genuine Canon ink?  Or, I am back to my first thought, the print heads have failed. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I am using Canon ink. I am using the same ink in all printers (Mark II's and Pro9000's). I have tried swapping out the ink.
Announcements