Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Premium Fine Art Smooth Paper not Showing in Canon Pro 1000 Printer

The Premium Fine Art Smooth profile shows as "registered in printer" in the media configuration tool, but when I physically look for the Premium Fine Art Smooth profile on the physical printer, it is not there.

However, the Premium Fine Art Smooth profile does show up in the driver in the printer settings when I want to print in Photoshop.

Will the driver overwrite the printer?

Does anyone know why I can't find the profile in the physical printer? Do I need to find it if it shows in the driver?

Thanks

Below is a screenshot showing the profile appears to be properly loaded in the printer.

.Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 8.11.55 AM.jpg

Product Expert

Re: Premium Fine Art Smooth Paper not Showing in Canon Pro 1000 Printer

Hello, yukon819.

If the printer was installed using the pre-installed WSD (Windows) or Bonjour (Mac OS) drivers, then the Canon paper types will not show up as ICC Profile options in Photoshop.  Remove the printer from your current list of printers, then re-install it using the Canon-produced printer driver.  It's available, free of charge, on the PRO-1000 Drivers & Downloads page.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.