cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium Fine Art Smooth Paper not Showing in Canon Pro 1000 Printer

yukon819
Contributor

The Premium Fine Art Smooth profile shows as "registered in printer" in the media configuration tool, but when I physically look for the Premium Fine Art Smooth profile on the physical printer, it is not there.

However, the Premium Fine Art Smooth profile does show up in the driver in the printer settings when I want to print in Photoshop.

Will the driver overwrite the printer?

Does anyone know why I can't find the profile in the physical printer? Do I need to find it if it shows in the driver?

Thanks

Below is a screenshot showing the profile appears to be properly loaded in the printer.

.Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 8.11.55 AM.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jx
Contributor

I just found the problem!! 

The Premium Fine Art Smooth Paper can only be used on the manual feed tray and only when paper is detected there, is possible to select from the list of papers and register on the printer.

I'm sorry for all the confusion and thanks for the help anyway.

Jx

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32

Mine also shows the top feed by default even when I’m sending the file to print on the paper loaded on the manual feed tray.

It only changes to the options of the manual feed tray when detects the paper loaded there.

Okay. Thanks for all your help!

Yea I'm hoping that since I've registered Fine Art Pro as the paper in the manual feed tray, the printer will know what to do when I print.  I did a test print and it looks pretty good, but until the printer detects that I'm using the manual tray, I'll always have my doubts, which sucks.  

Hopefully someone from Cannon will chime in with some sort of affirmation with all the info we've shared.

Hi Jx and Yukon819.

The PRO-1000's Top Tray was designed to be the main tray, for printing the most common photo paper sizes.  The Manual Feed Tray takes over when using papers too large for the Top Tray, when specifically selected in print options, or when the Top Tray is empty and the matching paper is in the Manual Feed Tray. 

If you're at all unsure, you may disable paper mismatch in the printe's menus (Various Settings >> Paper Feed Settings) and only load paper in the tray you wish to use.  I hope this info helps clear up the situation.

Hi Darius!

Can you please answer this one question:

When I insert a single piece of fine art paper in the manual feed tray (in the back of the printer), should the lcd display on the printer ask me to select the paper loaded in the MANUAL feed tray?

Hi yukon819,

When loading paper in the manual feed, the LCD will not prompt you to select the paper size/type.  This only occurs when paper is loaded in the top feed.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you Patrick! 

So I guess my final question is how do I tell the printer what kind of paper I am using when using the manual feed tray? If my driver is all set correctly, will that be all I need to do? I guess it's just confusing that the top feed asks for input but the manual feed tray does not.

Hi Patrick,

Are you sure?

That was not my experience, I was fighting with the same problem and decided to load the paper on the manual feed tray.

I’m very positive that at that moment the LCD panel changed and prompt me asking to select the paper size/type.

I'm pretty convinced of it, but I may have been fooled by something else...

I’m not at the office now but tomorrow I will check that on my printer. 

Jx
Contributor

Hi,

I can confirm that on my printer the LCD did changes and prompt asking the paper size/type when detects paper inserted on the manual feed tray.

I did a very short video but couldn't upload it… you can check it here: 

<Removed per forum guidelines>

Hope it helps.

Hy Jx,

Just in case we're talking about two different printers, I am using the Canon Pro-1000.  Is that the same one you are using?

Yes, same printer.

Announcements