cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100: the print don't fill the paper

jackygag
Contributor

Hi,

I have some issues with my Pixma Pro-100: when I try to print a picture on 5x7 paper (borderless), on macOS (10.14.6), the preview is OK but the print doesn't fill the paper and cover only a quarter of the size of the surface (the result is a tiny picture printed on the upper-right of the paper).

I tried many things (and waste ink and paper!!!): reinstalling drivers (I'm using the Canon IJ Network one, NOT the Bonjour one), reset printing system (in the macOS Preferences), print with different software (ex. : Apple Photos and Apple Preview), restart the computer, select again the paper size (in Paper Handling section of the print dialog box), I tried the USB driver, etc.

I try to find some help in the manual but it is completely outdated (because many changes were introduced in the last versions of macOS)!

What can I do, because for now I cannot print and I'm tired of wasting ink and paper. 😞

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

jackygag
Contributor

After wasting many liters of ink and a pack of paper, I think I found a solution, but I'm not sure to fully understand it!

In Printer Feature if you select Quality: Super Fine, you need to select Output Resolution: 1200 dpi! It seems to be bad programming from Canon!!! How I'm suposed to know I need to change the Output Resolution if I change the DPI?!?

Is there some updated instructions about the configuration of the printer driver on macOS? Because the Pro-100 manual show only the old printer driver and its completely outdated!

Thanks!

Just curious what software you are using that gives you those quality choices. I never see them in Lightroom.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jackygag
Contributor
It’s the printer driver configuration in the print dialog of macOS (look at Printer Feature section). Apple Photos, Luminar or Preview dont offer quality choices, you need to set them in the print dialog box.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements