cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium Fine Art Smooth Paper not Showing in Canon Pro 1000 Printer

yukon819
Contributor

The Premium Fine Art Smooth profile shows as "registered in printer" in the media configuration tool, but when I physically look for the Premium Fine Art Smooth profile on the physical printer, it is not there.

However, the Premium Fine Art Smooth profile does show up in the driver in the printer settings when I want to print in Photoshop.

Will the driver overwrite the printer?

Does anyone know why I can't find the profile in the physical printer? Do I need to find it if it shows in the driver?

Thanks

Below is a screenshot showing the profile appears to be properly loaded in the printer.

.Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 8.11.55 AM.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jx
Contributor

I just found the problem!! 

The Premium Fine Art Smooth Paper can only be used on the manual feed tray and only when paper is detected there, is possible to select from the list of papers and register on the printer.

I'm sorry for all the confusion and thanks for the help anyway.

Jx

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32

Darius
Whiz

Hello, yukon819.

If the printer was installed using the pre-installed WSD (Windows) or Bonjour (Mac OS) drivers, then the Canon paper types will not show up as ICC Profile options in Photoshop.  Remove the printer from your current list of printers, then re-install it using the Canon-produced printer driver.  It's available, free of charge, on the PRO-1000 Drivers & Downloads page.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello,

I have the same problem and I think the problem in not that the Canon paper types will not show up as ICC Profile options in Photoshop.

The problem is that the Premium Fine Art Smooth paper does not show on the printers interface list of media.

My printer was properly installed with the Canon-produced printer driver and works perfectly with the already registered papers, but I'm unable to make the Premium Fine Art Smooth paper available on the printer.

I followed very carefully the instructions on the Knowledge Base: https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART168521&actp=LIST_RECENT

Apparently everything works flawlessly and on the Media Configuration Tool it shows as if it is registered on the printer, but in the end is not there.

I did it multiple times and in different computers and different printers but I did not find a way to make the paper listed on the printer.

The printer Firmware was up to date and I tried with a Mac with Mojave and also Catalina.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Jx.

When updating the paper information through Mac OS, refer to the Mac OS instructions:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART173460

Once the paper has been updated in the media configuraiton tool, you need to open the IJ Printer Utility, and use the Update option to force the information onto the printer (starting at step 8).

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello,

My paper profile is uploaded and shows up in the printer driver, but I can't get it to show up on the actual printer.  When I called customer support the man told me it won't show up on the printer and if it is all loaded in the driver then I'm okay.

Is that true or not?

I followed your instructions on the previous post, but in step two of the mac directions, Fine Art Smooth paper already shows up as listed. 

I then used IJ printer utility to force the "information on the printer" but it says "the media information on your driver is the latest information." And Fine Art Smooth still does not show up on printer screen.

Please let me know if it being in the driver only will work or if I somehow need it to show up on the actual printer itself.

Thank you,

Brian

This is exactly the same thing that is hapening to me.

Jx
Contributor

I just found the problem!! 

The Premium Fine Art Smooth Paper can only be used on the manual feed tray and only when paper is detected there, is possible to select from the list of papers and register on the printer.

I'm sorry for all the confusion and thanks for the help anyway.

Jx

This did not solve me problem.  I loaded Fine Art Smooth paper in the manual feed tray, but printer only asks me to "select paper loaded in the top feed" I've reinserted and jiggled the paper and the message on the printer does not change.  Is there another way to tell the printer I'm using the manual feed tray?

Make sure you're using the most up-to-date software for your OS. It sounds like you *might* be using AirPrint on MacOS, which can limit your options. 

You can get the most up-to-date drivers and software available for your OS on our site HERE. You can also find them within your My Canon Account at canon.us/account

I don't think that is it.  Initially when I set it up I did accidentally install AirPrint but have since fixed it.  All the paper settings are in my driver.  I can chose Fine Art Smooth in my driver when I set up print in Photoshop - it is only the actual printer that I can't get it to list Fine Art Smooth.

Announcements