cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium Fine Art Smooth Paper not Showing in Canon Pro 1000 Printer

yukon819
Contributor

The Premium Fine Art Smooth profile shows as "registered in printer" in the media configuration tool, but when I physically look for the Premium Fine Art Smooth profile on the physical printer, it is not there.

However, the Premium Fine Art Smooth profile does show up in the driver in the printer settings when I want to print in Photoshop.

Will the driver overwrite the printer?

Does anyone know why I can't find the profile in the physical printer? Do I need to find it if it shows in the driver?

Thanks

Below is a screenshot showing the profile appears to be properly loaded in the printer.

.Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 8.11.55 AM.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jx
Contributor

I just found the problem!! 

The Premium Fine Art Smooth Paper can only be used on the manual feed tray and only when paper is detected there, is possible to select from the list of papers and register on the printer.

I'm sorry for all the confusion and thanks for the help anyway.

Jx

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32

Here you can see in the screenshots that the driver seems to be fully functional and properly telling the printer what to do.  My issue is that on the physical printer when I go to set up the paper it will only let me select paper for the top feed.  I've learned that Fine Art Smooth won't go in the top feed so it is not listed and I need to use the manual feed.  Cool - I loaded Fine Art Smooth into the manual feed but the printer dialog does not change to select paper in manual feed.  It still only says to select the paper for the top feed.  Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 10.26.56 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2020-02-05 at 10.27.10 AM.jpg

I'm definately using the right driver.

I guess I need to know once and for all: Do I need to input the type of paper entering the manual feed or will the driver override the lcd screen on the printer.  I talked to a Canon rep a few weeks ago who said the LCD screen won't show Fine Art Smooth, but other people are saying it will when the printer reads that there is paper in the manual feed.  My Pro-1000 simply won't let me select paper being put in manual feed. It will only let me select paper entering through the top feed.  

The rep had me cheeck the "Cancel margin regulations" box in the paper detailed settings of the driver when printing to override the printer error. Is this the right cource of action or do I need to somehow figure out how to get my printer to recognize paper being entered in the manual feed?Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 10.53.42 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2020-02-05 at 10.47.10 AM.jpg

This is what I CANNOT get. This is a screenshot from the manual.

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 10.56.41 AM.jpg

All i can get is this:

IMG_8165.JPG

So I'm good for paper loaded in the top feed, but it seems like it won't let me choose paper for manual feed.

The screen you cannot get is only activated when the paper is deep inserted in the manual feed tray.

Jx
Contributor
I needed to carefully adjust the paper so it goes deep inside the printer and only when it touches the bottom it activates the other screen.

What do you mean by deep inserted? I'm pushing in as far as the paper seems to go.  Am I missing something?

On my printer the paper first stop at the entrance and then you can gently push it to make it go further inside.

I know exactly what you are talking about and I've gotten there with no luck.  If I go any harder the paper becomes damaged.  

Try to close first the other tray.
What size is the paper?

I'm using 17x22.  I tried opening and shutting different compartments and nothing changes.  I did, however, go into the printer settings on the actual printer and set the manual feed paper setting to fine art smooth. I had to do it manually because it wouldn't let me do it after inserting the paper.  I'm hoping this works.  But of course the main lcd screen still shows my top feed status so who knows.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements