cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma pro 100 will not power up

Cckep
Apprentice

My Pixma pro100 is 13 months old and suddenly will not power up. There are no unusual circumstances. Push the power button, & nothing!!! I've seen others that removed the power supply and re-installed as a fix, but that did nothing. Any other suggestions out there? The prints are absolutely beautiful, but to last only 13 months of light use is unacceptable. Please let me know if you have any suggestions, thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dfgalletta
Apprentice

I had this problem as well, and called the technical support line at the number above. The tech support person said to do the following sequence below, which worked! She said it had to do with a power surge. I do have this plugged into the same outlet box as a laser printer but don't have much option here at work. She said to do the following:

1. Unplug the printer.

2. Briefly but firmly press the power button 10 times in a row.

3. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.

4. Plug in the printer. At this point I heard a "snap"/"pop."

5. Press the power button. You should be ok.

UPDATE: I had the problem again, and a new rep said to press it 15-20 times while unplugged. Also, she said to wait an entire minute before plugging it in. That worked! She said it should be plugged directly into the wall, not into a power strip or extension cord. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to pull that one off in my 1983-built office!

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38

I bought a refurbished power supply but it didn't work. Better to buy a new printer when they discount them heavily at Christmas. 

Leoniza
Apprentice

Hello! I have the same problem too but the repairer said that the power was dettached inside and I don't understand it. I have no background in circuits. Can you help me?

the powerblock is easily detachable, maybe that s what the repairer meant, maybe you just need to plug it back.

There is videos on youtube to help : 

/watch?v=6iFvkevGgEk

Salmon3030
Apprentice
I sat there wondering how ridiculous I was going to feel after completing this sequence and having absolutely nothing happen, as if little mini technicians are going to be teleported into my machine if I do it just right. IT WORKS and it saved our tails since we rely on this machine as part of our business.

mratajczak
Contributor

today I called Canon. "Printer needs to be replaced." 2 years and needs to be replaced. NEVER AGAIN. $900 every 2 years? i don't think so.

Did you go through the strange procedure?

mratajczak
Contributor

I went through the procedure that he told me to do. I unplugged it plugged it back in, hit the power button and he said it was dead

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Pixma-pro-100-will-not-power-up/m-p/2...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I also took out the power module and I tested it with my VOM and there is power coming out of it. SO it's the printer.

Announcements