cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-200 Driver Installation

PenandInk
Contributor

Hi there. New home printer and in need of some help.

I installed my Canon Pro 200 yesterday and can printer through wifi on my Mac. I installed the printer using the paper guide, but I am really unsure if I have installed the 'driver'.

For example, when I'm unclear how I access the page shown in this guide. https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/W/PRO-200%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/dg-c_color_correcti... 

Please can you advise how I check if the driver is installed or not?

I have also installed the 'professional print and layout' software and can print from this. I intend to print my illustrations onto greeting cards, A4 matte paper. Would you recommend printing direction from PPL or from photoshop? I suspect I will need to do some colour calibration as part of my workflow as my designs are created in procreate.

Thank you!

Holly

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Depending on your version of macOS select System Settings or System Preferences. Then select Printers & Scanners. Do you see your printer called IJ Series?

I don’t understand your question about the link. When I select it I see the printer manual. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

PenandInk
Contributor

Hi there. Thank you so much for the quick reply.

When I click on Printers and Scanners, it says 'Canon Pro 200' and if I click on that it says the driver is 24.30.0.0

The article has a screen shot of a 'canon printing preferences' pop up - I don't know how to access this and wondered if it was related to the driver.

That is the correct driver for full printer capability.

The link you posted is for the Windows version of te printer installation.

Screenshot 2023-01-10 083754.jpg

Move back one selection where it says "Printing From Your Computer and select macOS.

Screenshot 2023-01-10 083834.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

PenandInk
Contributor

Ah thank you so much, this makes perfect sense and I didn’t realise I was looking at the ‘windows’ version.

Almost related, but do you know how I add a new ICC profile to the printer for non canon paper? I’ve downloaded it to the Mac but I’m not sure how I use it. Is it in the driver settings or can I add directly in PPL?

Video Guide to Install ICC Color Profiles Mac OS (redrivercatalog.com)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

PenandInk
Contributor

Thank you. I have watched the video and downloaded the ICC profile as per the instruction.

In the PPL I have selected ‘Color Mode’ as ‘use ICC profile’ and then under ‘Printer Profile’ I have selected the ICC profile. Under Media Type, the options are canon papers - is this okay or do I need to change anything here?

The printer only "understands" Canon paper media types. When you use a third party paper they will tell you what Canon media type to select when printing with their paper and ICC profiles.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements