cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalina 10.15.4 shifting colors for you?

anttanant
Contributor

When I upgraded to Catalina back in November it screwed up my colors and created a magenta cast on my prints. Similar to what this user reported (I'm using the same brand as them, too!). https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Pixma-Pro-100-Magenta-Cast-on-Mac-Cat...

After several hours of banging my head against the wall I discovered my driver was outdated. Once I updated that my problems were solved and I was back to printing accurate colors. 

Fast forward to today, I'm again seeing some color shifts. Specifically, the colors are not as accurate as they have been before. I have the latest version of the firmware and driver (which is same as the last time I updated). In the last week I updated Catalina with some updates so I'm now on 10.15.4.

Is anyone else having this issue? 

Here's what I've done so far to troubleshoot:

- I checked my firmware and driver against the Canon site. I'm current.

- Lightroom and Photoshop are both current.

- I deleted and added the printer again. It's using the Canon software.

- I've even downloaded the paper profiles again and overwritten the previous versions (there was no difference)

- I've checked and double-checked my settings in Lr and Ps. (attached for reference)

Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

Print dialog settings...

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 4.02.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 4.02.33 PM.png

Lightroom print settings...

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 4.03.10 PM.png

Photoshop print settings...

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 4.05.06 PM.png

19 REPLIES 19

anttanant
Contributor

I tried posting this before and it seems to have been removed. (Why?)

I updated my Mac to the latest version of Catalina, this week. Now my prints are no longer accurate in color from my Canon Pro-100. Prints I've made before seem more yellow. 

This happened to me before when I first upgraded to Catalina. I later figured the problem being related to an outdated driver. Today, my computer is current with the OS, firmware, driver, and software being used to print (Lr & Ps). I've even deleted and reinstalled the printer, and I downloaded the paper profiles and reinstalled though. Still the same output.

I suspect the recent upgrade is the cause and that the driver needs updating. It was last updated in December of 2019. 

Does anyone else have all the lastest of these on a Mac?

The screenshots must have triggered the spam filter. I've allowed it. Sorry about that! 

Ah, thanks. It was there and then when I refreshed it was gone. Thanks for the explanation. 

UPDATE: After some test printing it seems this is may be due to a particular image. I tested other prints and they are coming out pretty close to what I see on screen. I need to figure out why this image in particular is shifting a bit. 

If anyone does have color issues after updating Catalina with the recent fixes, I'd like to know, of course.

I have the exact same problem but I have a different model (prograf-1000). It's driving me crazy!

To isolate the software related issues, Canon techical support asked me to download the Canon Print app for iPhone and print the test photo from there. If it prints correctly from iPhone via Canon Print app, then it is more likely the software/setup related issues on MAC. In my case, Canon Print app produced the same results as printing from LR on Mac.

tnphto
Contributor

I have exact same problem on my on my 2 day old Pixma pro 100. All the drivers and solft downloaded from canon website and the printer was set up 2 days ago. I've tried all suggestions on the internet and none seems to help so far. 

Welcome to the forum tnphto.

Lets run down a checklist to see if we can resolve this.

1. you have the Canon 16.40.1.0 driver installed?

2. you have the Canon IJ Series version of the printer added, and not the AirPrint version?

3. you ran a nozzle check and it looks correct?

Download and print the test image from this site. Open it in your software and print without making any adjustments to the image. How does it look?

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks so much John for your help.

1. Yes, I do have Cannon 16.40.1.0 driver installed. I think this is the latest version as I have downloaded from canon website two days ago.  I did try to delete my printer and restalled it a couple time as some of the post suggested.

2. Yes, I have Canon IJ pro 100 serries version.

3. Yes I performed nozzle check multiple time after cleaning and deep cleaning steps.

4. I have just downloaded the test image and printed it out to check. Everything looks ok to me except the pink-skinned baby gets a a bit more pink in the printed photo and the tear-drop sky between the rock looks a bit more pink/purple. I'm attatching the photo of the printed test image here. Can you take a look to see if everthing else looks ok?

printedTestImage.jpeg

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Hello. Yes, the light skinned babies are more pink than should be.

What software are you printing from?

What paper?

Are you letting software or printer manage color?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements