I've been trying to get rid of the slight magenta cast on my prints for days. I have a Mac that's running Catalina 10.15.7 and printing through Photoshop CC (updated). I've read through many of these forums and tried everything, with no luck. I have a hunch it's double profiling but can't get it to stop. Please help!
When that didn't work I also tried
Which didn't work.
Any other suggestions? Thank you in advance!
I agree that magenta cast sometimes indicates double profiling, but 1. the settings you posted all looked correct and 2. PSP definitely provides the proper setting, so that is confusing.
A few thoughts to try:
1. for test purposes can you connect the printer via USB?
2. check that all the plastic wrap is removed from the top of the cartridges. There is a little vent hole on top to let air in. If that is obstructed it won't necessary affect a nozzle check (very little ink) but could affect a print.
3. download and print the test image from this site. Don not make any adjustments, just open the image and print.
1. The magenta cast is present in USB printed images.
2. There's no plastic on the cartridges.
3. I downloaded and printed the test images, which most notably showed the sky in the arches photo with a lack of cyan, it seems? It also generally looks flat. Apologies for the poor quality, the image file was quite small.
Any further ideas?
It does look like the cyan may be a little weak compared to the test image.
The magenta cast you are seeing is not what I would expect from double profiling.
Are you using the Print Preview option? That sometimes messes up the ICC profile selection.
The only thing I can suggest is to really look closely at the nozzle check vs the Canon image of a good check.
Other than that, maybe a call to Canon at 1-800-OK-CANON.
I've had same issue - which seems to happen despite any alterations to profiles or manual settings. I have had the same workflow for over a year & had satisfactory results printing in monochrome. I used the 'print preview' option once & since then I cannot get rid of a pronounced magenta case when using 'Plain Paper'. Is there a fix to this glitch - I have deactivated the preview option, but the issue continues. I can print in monochrome on 'plain' paper with Mac without this issue - it seems to be a Windows 10 / Canon issue?
When thinks get out of whack sometimes reinstalling the driver sorts things out.
I have a Pro-100 (not Pro-10) but have no problems with W10 printing.
macOS automatically prevents double profiling, but since you said you were previously successful you know how to disable color management in Windows.