cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro-10 Magenta Cast

gokateshoot
Apprentice

Hello, 

I've been trying to get rid of the slight magenta cast on my prints for days. I have a Mac that's running Catalina 10.15.7 and printing through Photoshop CC (updated). I've read through many of these forums and tried everything, with no luck. I have a hunch it's double profiling but can't get it to stop. Please help!

I've tried: 

• Nozzle check - all clear
  • All cartridges full
  • Reinstalling the printer using Canon IJ Network (both wifi and USB print magenta)
  • Photoshop manages colors with the ICC profile selected and photoshop auto-selecting ColorSync. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 12.12.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 12.12.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 12.12.43 PM.png

When that didn't work I also tried 

• Printer manages colors with canon color matching selected.

Which didn't work. 

Any other suggestions? Thank you in advance!

Kate

28 REPLIES 28

I use a mac. I have been trying to find drivers online since I don't have a cd slot, but was unable to find any. Anytime I plug in the printer, the driver selected says Canon iPF6400(CUPS). Would a factory reset on the printer then re-install driver work? Im not sure how to find that on the menu?

Thanks a ton for helping me. This has been so incredibly frustrating.

Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 2.46.40 PM.png

@Mannythemoose wrote:

I use a mac. I have been trying to find drivers online since I don't have a cd slot, but was unable to find any. Anytime I plug in the printer, the driver selected says Canon iPF6400(CUPS). Would a factory reset on the printer then re-install driver work? Im not sure how to find that on the menu?

Thanks a ton for helping me. This has been so incredibly frustrating.

Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 2.46.40 PM.png

We're talking about a Pro-10, correct?

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-pro-10

IMG_1814.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

no its an older printer I got but was new when I got it. Installed the print heads when for it like a bit over 2 years ago. This is a canon prograph ipf6400 24inch printer

dang i’m sorry 😞 i know how frustrating printer issues can be. i’ve shed my fair share of tears over them, hope u find a solution soon! 

@Mannythemoose wrote:

no its an older printer I got but was new when I got it. Installed the print heads when for it like a bit over 2 years ago. This is a canon prograph ipf6400 24inch printer

The title of the thread is Pro-10. You really should start your own thread if the device doesn't match the title.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yeah you are right. This is my first time writing in to any of this so I just saw people having similar issues on this thread and assumed the principles were the same. Will probably start a new thread. Thank you for helping out though. 

are u under the 1 year warranty? because if you are… cannon will send u a new printer! 

No, I actually bought this printer brand new but from facebook marketplace. It had tape on it and everything. The print heads weren’t installed. Soo no warranty and its been used by me for a little over 2 years

IMG_1815.jpegand install this driver. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

click here to view the gallery
Announcements