cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma pro1000 cycles between messages "Tank cover is closed/Open the tank cover" &

Cephus
Apprentice

Receive message "Tank cover is closed/Open the tank cover" when opening, get replacement icon but not cartridge is indicated as empty and when closing the cover receive the first message again.

Prints alignment page but nothing else.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

I recommend performing a reset of the printer. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.

If the issue persists, I recommend you reach out to Canon support. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

I recommend performing a reset of the printer. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.

If the issue persists, I recommend you reach out to Canon support. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Tried the reset to no avail.  Called canon support and they want me to put in a new set of tanks which I am not willing to do for about $750 and have no assurances that it will fix anything.  

With it printing both the test page and the alignment page fine, sure that the problem is software.

Many  thanks for the suggestion.  

Charles

click here to view the gallery
Announcements