cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro-100 printing incorrect sizes

NYCNoir
Apprentice

Hello,

I recently got this printer, and absolutely love it, the print quality is amazing. However, I cannot print the correct image sizes from Print Studio Pro. I have images that are 8x10" and I want to print them on standard 8,5x11" paper so I'll have a border. I select "bordered" and that paper size in the dialogue, but when the prints come out, they're about 7x9", smaller than the actual image. When I try to print a 6x8" image, it also comes out about 7x9".

There's no way to adjust image size that I can see, only paper size. I can scale the image to make it larger, but since there's no ruler, I can't scale them to the exact size I want (8x10"). I can print the correct sizes directly from Photoshop, but the quality is so much better with Print Studio Pro.

What am I doing wrong? How do I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You can do it in the Layout dropdown menu.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Chihara
Apprentice
Can’t find the way!
Do instructions exist somewhere?

Maybe in the user manual or download one?

Just wondered if you remembered what you did to get it back first post 1-4-2018 and then you said all good 2-11-1019

have just tried on my old printer also a canon and all working fine so think it’s definitely something to do with the 100- s 

Are you on a Mac computer? If so, do you have the AirPrint version of the printer installed (which you do not want). 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks for response - am printing from on 1 photo raw and apple photo

dont have the air print version of the printer - it’s wired via usb 

John

How do I know which print driver I have loaded (USB or Air)? I'm using a USB connection for my PRO-100 and Mac (Big Sur).

It should say Canon IJ Series. AirPrint will generally say AirPrint or Bonjour.

Both my macOS computers are connected by WiFi. I don't know if AirPrint will even show up with a USB connection.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you John

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
What software are you printing from. Can you post a screenshot of your print window?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
If you are on a Mac you could still have the AirPrint driver with a USB connection. Are you on a Mac?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements