cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro-100 printing incorrect sizes

NYCNoir
Apprentice

Hello,

I recently got this printer, and absolutely love it, the print quality is amazing. However, I cannot print the correct image sizes from Print Studio Pro. I have images that are 8x10" and I want to print them on standard 8,5x11" paper so I'll have a border. I select "bordered" and that paper size in the dialogue, but when the prints come out, they're about 7x9", smaller than the actual image. When I try to print a 6x8" image, it also comes out about 7x9".

There's no way to adjust image size that I can see, only paper size. I can scale the image to make it larger, but since there's no ruler, I can't scale them to the exact size I want (8x10"). I can print the correct sizes directly from Photoshop, but the quality is so much better with Print Studio Pro.

What am I doing wrong? How do I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You can do it in the Layout dropdown menu.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Apple Mac Mohave 10.16 .4 os 

OK. Go to System Preferences->Printers & Scanners and see what the installed printer I'd ID'd as. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

stephanieSLD
Apprentice

I am losing my mind with my Pixma Pro-100.  It only prints part of the photo with a massive top border.  I am trying to print 4x6 or 5x7.  Wasted about 20 sheets of photo paper.  Spent over 2 hours trouble shooting, downloaded the latest driver from cannon (although the driver does not include the IJ Printer Utility as I have read it should), followed all the troubleshooting suggestions in the online manual, etc.  Using Windows 10.  Any suggestions? I don't see a layout drop down as mentioned above.  What screen is that in?

Welcome Stephanie.

Lets start with some basic information:

1. what computer operating system

2. what software are you printing from

3. can you supply a screenshot of the printing dialog from your software

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements