cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxify MB2320 won't scan from panel anymore

Mike20878
Contributor

I'm not sure what's happening.  When I try to scan from the panel nothing happens.  The Scanner Selector is running.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

@Thomast wrote:

1Check that IJ Network Scanner Selector EX is running.

2In the notification area on the desktop, right-click  (IJ Network Scanner Selector EX), then select Settings

The Scan-from-PC Settings screen appears.

3Select your scanner or printer from Scanners.

Normally, the MAC address of your scanner or printer is already selected after the network setup. In that case, you do not   need to select it again.

Yes, I noted that it is running.  Could the MAC address have changed on the printer so that it isn't recognized?

I can scan from the scan utility.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Mike20878,

The MAC address of your MB2320 does not change, it is hard-coded into the device.

Reinstalling the driver should resovle this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2.  In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3.  Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4.  Right click the Canon MB2300 series and left click on Remove device.  Repeat until all MB2300's are removed.

5.  In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).

6.  In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).

7.  Click once on "Canon MB2300 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.

8.  Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver.  When you click Complete,  the driver is uninstalled.

9.  Once done, please reboot your computer.

When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:

1.  Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/small-office-home-office-...

2.  Click the Select button next to "MB2300 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.04 (Windows)".

3.  Click the Download button.  The drivers will download.

4.  Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder.  To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.

5.  Double click "mp68-win-mb2300-1_04-ea33_3.exe" to begin the installation.

6.  Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall.

Once the installation has completed, please attempt to scan.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi, I'm having the scan issue again so I came back to this post.  Now, however, when I try to reinstall the printer drivers Windows gives an error that the USB device is not recognized.

Thanks.

tamicane
Apprentice

so i was able to get my printer to connect to my computers and net work but now the scan option sees nothing but USB. I used to be able to see my printer on this function and trigger a scan from the printer itself. I am on mac OS running catalina.

Announcements