cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8580Cdw - magenta border only on printing; copy is clear

LeeWhite1234
Apprentice

Hello! I've tried every cleaning setting in my MF8580Cdw to clear up a magenta stripe down the right side of every printed page. This does not occur on copies, but only when printing.  Please advise as I've run the cleaning routines, removed and checked the magenta toner.  Any tips?  Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello LeeWhite1234,

It looks like there is a problem with the scanner element or there is a problem with the magenta toner. In this situation, you can try reseating the toner in the printer and checking the inside for any loose toner powder that you can wipe up with a damp cloth. 

If reseating the toner does not resolve the issue, it looks like the printer needs service. You can check your service options using the link HERE to access you MyCanon account or you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello LeeWhite1234,

It looks like there is a problem with the scanner element or there is a problem with the magenta toner. In this situation, you can try reseating the toner in the printer and checking the inside for any loose toner powder that you can wipe up with a damp cloth. 

If reseating the toner does not resolve the issue, it looks like the printer needs service. You can check your service options using the link HERE to access you MyCanon account or you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

LeeWhite1234
Apprentice

Thank you! Bad cartridge. 

Announcements