cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 80D :: cant connect on Wifi

M_Malhas
Contributor

Hello Fellows,

Currently i cant connect my Canon 80D to a Windows 10 64-bit PC over WiFi. i have tried a couple of things so far and i havent gotten successful. im not sure where to go with this, any help or insight would be very much apperiated. here is what i have tried so far :- 

• Updated Camera Firmware to the latest (1.0.3)
  • Made sure that Network Discoverability is on (both in the settings and when connecting to a wireless device)
  • Checked that the Camera can connect to a Smart Phone over the same network
  • Connected the Camera using a USB to the same PC
  • Uninstalled all EOS Software off the PC and re-Installed it again
  • Cleared the wireless settings on the Camera, and tried to pair
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

i got it to work on another pc, using another version of the utility software. somehow the version of the EOS Utility out on the US site here was not working, not sure why the camera was not accepting the pairing on it. on the other pc i installed the UK version on my machine it just poped up into the EOS Utility. Uninstalled it on the first pc and it also worked there.

Thank you John & Thank you Wadizzle

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I don't know if this will help:

Canon Knowledge Base - Using EOS Utility 3.x to Send Images to a Computer (Wi-Fi Function) (EOS 80D)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you john,

i went through the link and done everything (till step 3-8) , still i cant get past the pairing. i also checked with EOS Utiltiy 2 & 3 to see if the camera is added before, sadly still unsucessful with connecting both devices. also i started suspecting its a firewall issue and i added both "EOS Utility" and "EOSUPNPSV" similar to what is done in the post (EOS Utility firewall problem)

@M_Malhas wrote:

Thank you john,

i went through the link and done everything (till step 3-8) , still i cant get past the pairing. i also checked with EOS Utiltiy 2 & 3 to see if the camera is added before, sadly still unsucessful with connecting both devices. also i started suspecting its a firewall issue and i added both "EOS Utility" and "EOSUPNPSV" similar to what is done in the post (EOS Utility firewall problem)

Reset the Wi-Fi, so that it uses the default name for the camera.  You probably need to go into the Programs folder and start the "EOS Launcher" manually, just for the first attempt.  With many PCs the EOS Launcher will start up when you connect a USB cable, instead of the EOS Utility.

Your camera needs to connect to your LAN, not to your PC. Make sure your the security on your wireless access point is allowing for new onnections, but you should see this from the camera end.  It will either connect to your LAN, or it won't.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

hello waddizzle, thank you for taking time off and writing your post.

i have tried the following:

• restarted my router & pc
  • cleared settings on the camera
  • launched the "EULauncher.exe" with admin rights and allowed it on windows firewall
  • made a wifi set on the camera and connected to the network (btw i see the camera on the pc in network)

still getting this in the laucher

explorer_vgfvc8jQNe.png

Did you get past the point of router pairing? That seems to be where many folks get hung up. Some routers have a software "button" and others have a physical button. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Here is the situation on the camera 

IMG_20210619_193054.jpg

The camera cannot do the pairing all by itself.  It seems like it is not connecting to your WAP.  Check your security setup in the router.  This would require the router software, not the Canon. EOS Utility.

it is connected to the Network, the PC im trying to pair with can even see it in the network. also the camera is on the router's tables.

QLWnUvwy9i.png

@M_Malhas wrote:

Here is the situation on the camera 

IMG_20210619_193054.jpg

You need to get past this step.  You must connect the camera with the Wireless Access Point, WAP, for your LAN.

Announcements