cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX490 Keeps Cycling

elstx61
Contributor

Canon Pixma MX490 powers on and goes through initialization, then powers back off.  Keeps repeating the process as long as it's plugged in.  Buttons are non-responsive.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mike

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

View solution in original post

354 REPLIES 354

Screenshot_20220603-101543.png

Screenshot_20220603-153356.png

FINALLY!

1. download the firmware update for your operating system; windows or mac
2. I unplugged my router. Fully killing it. No power to it ANYWHERE
3. made sure printer was connected to pc
4. Unplugged printer. no power to printer
5. plugged printer back in. power to printer
6. followed firmware instructions
7. unplugged printer then plugged it back in
7. abracadabra..... It worked.
8. cussed out Canon and their ineptly pushed update

PriyankGhetiya
Apprentice

I was experiencing the same problem. The problem exist when the printer tries to connect to their servers. The easy way is to turn off your wifi and use printer cable to connect your laptop to printer and if you don't have printer cable or else if its not working then keep your wifi router on but disconnect the internet cable from your modem which will keep your laptop and printer connected to your wifi without internet and you will be able to use your printer with your laptop through this.

Mike

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

My printer won't stay on long enough to receive the firmware update. It's connected directly to my PC. No WiFi used. Disappointed in the performance of this product and the service pushed to my printer.  Please help remedy this.

you need to disconnect the printer from the internet (shut down your router), unplug/plug the printer back in, and apply the fix.

Thanks!

Hi
I have MX495 with the same issue but it fails to detect bthe printer maybe cause it keeps restaing is there any other way to apply that fix ?
Thanks 

Update: After turning off 2 routers in my house.

It succeeeded toianstall the update

Thanks

MG6650 also has the constant power down after the Canon logo appears, which software update resolves this issue on the MG6650?    It is not listed on the Service Notice page;
https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/product-advisories/detail/service%20notice...

Announcements