cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageFormula RS40 scanner: scans too saturated

sweisfeldt
Apprentice

Been trying to set up my RS40 on and off for a few weeks now and am stumped why my photo scans don't look great.    I have all driver settings turned OFF (i.e. show me the raw photo scan) but the pictures are seemingly too bright (or a bit saturated).   I have tried playing around with all different combos of scan settings but that only seems to make things worse.  My drivers are all up to date.     

Comparatively, if I scan my photo with my boring old Officejet Pro, the images come out perfect.  (Top image is my OfficeJet Pro, bottom image is from my ImageFORMULA RS40.)

Using Windows 10 Pro

Scan.jpgImage_001.jpg

So what am I doing wrong?   I have spent hours playing with different settings and it is driving me absolutely bonkers.....!!

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, sweisfeldt!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof) and which application you're scanning with. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

were you able to resolve this issue for them? I have same problem with my scanner running on Mac

sweisfeldt
Apprentice

This is a Windows 10 Pro PC (both the scanner and the HP OfficeJet are attached to the same machine).   I am scanning with the CaptureOnTouch client that was included as part of the downloaded driver installation (for the RS40).

Additionally, I have tried other clients as well but results are the same.   Also, I have printed images to ensure that it's not a monitor issue; printed images also look poor.       This points me to either the scanner or the driver but I don't know what other steps to try. 😞

Hi,

It may be easier to resolve this issue in real time. Please contact our support team at 1-800-423-2366, Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST (excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you. 

did you get this resolved for them> i have same issue with Mac.

HI there sweisfeldt -  I have this same issue with my Mac running OSX 11. Very contrasty images. Have tried many adjustments, shouldn't be this hard. Did you get this resolved?

Announcements