cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 Won't Print from Print Studio Pro

KristineMarie
Apprentice

I have always used Print Studio Pro with my Canon printers - with no issues. Suddenly it doesn't print in either Lightroom or Photoshop. It appears that the printer recognizes the file as the file name appears in the printer LCD and the printer appears to be getting ready to print (all of the usual noises and advancing the paper to print). However, it just ejects the paper without printing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled ALL of the Canon printer drivers - the problem remains.

I am able to print from both the Photoshop and Lightroom "Print" dialog so I do know that the printer is communicating with the computer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I did solve my issue yesterday - maybe only temporarily. I saw in Print Studio Pro that there are two Printer options - Canon XPS and Canon Printer. I swear that I always had it se to XPS but changed it to Canon Printer and it seemed to solve the problem. I'm not sure why or if it is the real fix - but I'll take it. It is comforting to know that I'm not the only one who has struggled with this.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Hi guys.
I'm complete new on this forum.
My solution today with this 16 bit problem was to install Win 11 22H2.
Now I can use my Pixma PRO-10S as  16 bit XPS from Print Studio Pro again. A relief.
I use PS 23.5.3

Good continuation in the new year 2023 and happy printing!

Thanks for the update, but in my case, I already had 22H2 installed and I can confirm it's not working.

Sad to hear.
It seems like OS, drivers and different programs live their own lives.

One guy on a swedish forum just tried to change from the rear tray to the automatic tray. And now i works fine for him. Abrakadabra.

@Janogus wrote:

Hi guys.
I'm complete new on this forum.
My solution today with this 16 bit problem was to install Win 11 22H2.
Now I can use my Pixma PRO-10S as  16 bit XPS from Print Studio Pro again. A relief.
I use PS 23.5.3

Good continuation in the new year 2023 and happy printing!

W10 22H2. Uninstalled and re-installed regular and XPS driver. Still the blank page problem with XPS version of printer.

Worked fine for many years up until latest round of W10 updates.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

RKBerta
Contributor

I found that the pp&L version is the answer if you want to use the 16 bit drivers. Also just got a printer Firmware update this afternoon (2-10-2023) so will see if that addresses the issue of 16 bit drivers. Hope it doesn't introduce any new bugs. Was strange that if I printed direct from Photo Shop it worked fine with the 16 bit drivers. I spent quite a few hours trying to figure this out

Where did you find this firmware update? My PRO-100 has firmware version 2.031, and that's the latest I can find anywhere on the Canon Web site. With 2.031, I still can't print from Print Studio Pro with the XPS driver.

Larry

Original forum posting was for the Pro-1000. For the Pro-100 that is the latest firmware. Also, PP&L is not compatible with the Pro-100. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements