cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 Won't Print from Print Studio Pro

KristineMarie
Apprentice

I have always used Print Studio Pro with my Canon printers - with no issues. Suddenly it doesn't print in either Lightroom or Photoshop. It appears that the printer recognizes the file as the file name appears in the printer LCD and the printer appears to be getting ready to print (all of the usual noises and advancing the paper to print). However, it just ejects the paper without printing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled ALL of the Canon printer drivers - the problem remains.

I am able to print from both the Photoshop and Lightroom "Print" dialog so I do know that the printer is communicating with the computer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I did solve my issue yesterday - maybe only temporarily. I saw in Print Studio Pro that there are two Printer options - Canon XPS and Canon Printer. I swear that I always had it se to XPS but changed it to Canon Printer and it seemed to solve the problem. I'm not sure why or if it is the real fix - but I'll take it. It is comforting to know that I'm not the only one who has struggled with this.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Were you able to launch PP&L as a plugin from LIghtroom?  I can run PP&L as a standalone app, or launch it using Photoshop Automate, but it does not work as a LR plugin. 

Do you know if the PP&L work with Photoshop 6?

marellaj

Not according to the Canon support site.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

The Canon XPS driver fails if you have "Preview Before Print" checked. 

AVGeek99
Contributor

Hmmm...  I guess I'll try that.

However I wonder what printer driver it ends up using, the standard driver or the xps driver.  Using the standard driver color bit depth is limited to 8bits per channel, xps is 16bits per channel so it will have a wider color gamut.  I'll give it a try though for now.  Thanks for the tip!!

If that is indeed the problem then Canon needs to fix this problem.  What's the point of having a really good printer if it can only print a standard color gamut.

It's becoming evident that a recent Windows update has broken the XPS functionality, whether it's Microsoft's or Canon's fault. The important thing is, is Canon support aware of the issue and is their engineering working on a resolution? Did anyone file a support ticket? I tried reaching out to Canon support and just got ignored.

It's not the first time Microsoft did this:

Windows 10 upgrade has broken the Microsoft Print To driver for both - Microsoft Community

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

RKBerta
Contributor

I have the same issue with my new PRO 1000. I can print in 16 bit with the XPS driver if I print directly from the latest version of Photo Shop CC. But if I try to print the same thing with the XPS driver and the Canon latest Print Studio Pro it only passes the paper through the machine without printing anything....if I select the 8 bit driver it works fine although of course slightly restricted color gamut. I spent a few hours trying to debug the issue....looks like it is the Print Studio Pro that is the problem. So for now will use the standard PS print operation but wish I could use Print Studio Pro as it has some nice additional features. Hope Canon can address this bug or advice or a work around.

RKBerta
Contributor

Forgot to add.....I did install the plug in correctly and it does work under PS and both driver options are shown in Print Studio Pro...but not able to print with the 16 bit XPS driver version.

marellaj
Apprentice

I have experienced the same problem. I have always used PSP with the XPS driver until about 1 week ago.  I'm now print from PS6 using the XPS driver. From what I have read Canon is aware of the issue. Has anyone heard their response? When can we expect a fix? I much prefer using PSP.

JPM

Announcements