cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-100 Network Issue

Ken_k
Contributor

I'm running my printer on OSX 10.9.5 as a wireless shared printer.  I just installed a new router and of course my printer doesn't see the network anymore.  Do I have to remove the printer and re-install it or is there a way to configure it for my new router?

Thanks for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The certain way would be to delete the printer and reinstall.

Just remember to wait for the IJ printer and not the Bonjour printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The certain way would be to delete the printer and reinstall.

Just remember to wait for the IJ printer and not the Bonjour printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks John. The only bad part is you have to use a usb cable to reset the printer. Luckily I had a long one. I really didn't want to move that beast if I didn't have to.
I used the Canon Network Utility and was back up and running in a couple of minutes.

BillRaleigh
Apprentice
My Canon Pro100 had been working OK wirelessly in my private network for over one year (PC using Win 10, 64 bit OS) until I changed service provider and a new router was installed. I have tried everything in the manual, in Canon help and the internet but cannot make it work again.
1. Removed the P100 printer.
1. Downloaded and installed latest drivers fom Canon.
2. Pressed the WSP button on the router. The router found the printer.
3. The printer shows up in the Control Panel / Devices and Printers screen as connected to the network but the Status = Driver is unavailable.
4. Photoshop CC does not see the printer.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I dont know if this will resolve your problem, but I would try deleting the printer in Devices&Printersvand using the Canon IH Network Tool to install the printer.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you John. I was trying to svoid that because it means temp use of a USB cable between the PC and the printer. My printer is the second floor and  the PC in the ground floor.. I am 78 and not looking forward to carry the heavy printer down and up.

I know that the Canon Network Tool  will work because I had the same problem with my iP7200 printer and I successfullly re-installed it (the PC and the iP7200 are in te same room). I was hoping there was a way to tell the printer, once it is recognized by the OS,  to read the drivers.

Thanks again.

Bill

Understood. Try this. 

https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/pixma_printer_wireless_connection_setup/pro10...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements