cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO 100 REPLACED PIXMA PRO 9000: 1) WHICH IS BETTER? 2) PRINTING SOFEWARE 3) INKS ARE DIFFERENT

VITRUVIUSMAN
Contributor

i HAVEA PIXMA 9000, WHICH REPLACEMENT OF PRINT HEAD DID NOT WORK. THE PRINTER I AM TOLD IS NOW OBSOLETE--NO TECH SUPPORT, NOR REPLACEMENT PARTS. I BOUGHT A REFURB PRINT HEAD, WHICH ALSO DID NOT WORK. DONE DEAL?

1) CANON TOLD ME PRO-100 REPLACED THE PIXMA PRO 9000. DOES ANYONE KNOW IN WHAT WAY, OTHER THAN WIRELESS, IS THE PRO-100 BETTER?

2) THE SOFTWARE CANON GIVES CANON EASY PHOTO PRINT) TO CHOOSE PAPER TYPE/SIZE(S), NUMBER ON A PAGE,WITH THE PIXMA 9000 IS EASY TO USE. IS THERE AN UPGRADED EASY PHOTO PRINT WITH THE PRO-100?

3) NOTICE PRO-100 HAS DIFFERENT COLOR INK CARTRIDGES-NO BLUE AS DID THE PIXMA 9000. HOW ARE THE PRINTS DIFFERENT WITH THE PRO-100?

12 REPLIES 12

If you have a Staples near you they give $2 for recycled cartridges as a reward if you get their member card. Offsets ink cost. Plus they sometimes have percent off sales. Before you dump your Pro9000 take out the cartridges and bring to Staples. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I took all your advise . I got the Pro-100 at B and H ( I remember them from when I lived in the city) Taking advantage of the rebate you directed me to. FInal cost of printer after $250 rebate was a wonderful $119.. out the door price.  SHould arrive  in a week..

Thank you Mr. Hoffman for your information. I will buy this unit. Just trying to find a decent price. What hurts about this sale, is that I have a perfectly good PRO PIXMA 9000 with no driver for win 10 and the print head needs to be replaced. Refurb print heads did not seem to work when installed. SO, it looks like i have to fork out more money

Announcements