cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO 100 REPLACED PIXMA PRO 9000: 1) WHICH IS BETTER? 2) PRINTING SOFEWARE 3) INKS ARE DIFFERENT

VITRUVIUSMAN
Contributor

i HAVEA PIXMA 9000, WHICH REPLACEMENT OF PRINT HEAD DID NOT WORK. THE PRINTER I AM TOLD IS NOW OBSOLETE--NO TECH SUPPORT, NOR REPLACEMENT PARTS. I BOUGHT A REFURB PRINT HEAD, WHICH ALSO DID NOT WORK. DONE DEAL?

1) CANON TOLD ME PRO-100 REPLACED THE PIXMA PRO 9000. DOES ANYONE KNOW IN WHAT WAY, OTHER THAN WIRELESS, IS THE PRO-100 BETTER?

2) THE SOFTWARE CANON GIVES CANON EASY PHOTO PRINT) TO CHOOSE PAPER TYPE/SIZE(S), NUMBER ON A PAGE,WITH THE PIXMA 9000 IS EASY TO USE. IS THERE AN UPGRADED EASY PHOTO PRINT WITH THE PRO-100?

3) NOTICE PRO-100 HAS DIFFERENT COLOR INK CARTRIDGES-NO BLUE AS DID THE PIXMA 9000. HOW ARE THE PRINTS DIFFERENT WITH THE PRO-100?

12 REPLIES 12

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@VITRUVIUSMAN wrote:

i HAVEA PIXMA 9000, WHICH REPLACEMENT OF PRINT HEAD DID NOT WORK. THE PRINTER I AM TOLD IS NOW OBSOLETE--NO TECH SUPPORT, NOR REPLACEMENT PARTS. I BOUGHT A REFURB PRINT HEAD, WHICH ALSO DID NOT WORK. DONE DEAL?

1) CANON TOLD ME PRO-100 REPLACED THE PIXMA PRO 9000. DOES ANYONE KNOW IN WHAT WAY, OTHER THAN WIRELESS, IS THE PRO-100 BETTER?

Pro-100 better all around. Improved color, better print longevity.

2) THE SOFTWARE CANON GIVES CANON EASY PHOTO PRINT) TO CHOOSE PAPER TYPE/SIZE(S), NUMBER ON A PAGE,WITH THE PIXMA 9000 IS EASY TO USE. IS THERE AN UPGRADED EASY PHOTO PRINT WITH THE PRO-100?

Canon offers Easy Photo Print EX and Print Studio Pro which is a plugin for Lightroom, Photoshop, Photoshop Elements and Canon Digital Photo Professional (DPP only works with canon cameras).

3) NOTICE PRO-100 HAS DIFFERENT COLOR INK CARTRIDGES-NO BLUE AS DID THE PIXMA 9000. HOW ARE THE PRINTS DIFFERENT WITH THE PRO-100?

I don't believe Pro9000 had blue ink. It did have red and green which were hardly ever used. Pro-100 has 8 inks -black, cyan, magental, photo cyan, photo magenta, yellow, gray, light gray.

Outstanding color prints from the Pro-100.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH. DO YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE DRIVER? I HAVE NOT PURCHASED THE PRO 100 YET BUT WILL DO SO.. ANY ADVISE?  i HAVE HAD PIXPA PRO 9000 FOR OVER 8 YEARS. I AM VERY FAMILIAR WITH THE CANON LINE

how do I get the Canon Digital Photo Professional (DPP only works with canon cameras)., and canon easy print new version? DO I download these two programs from their web site for free?

Printer software and manuals here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/professional-large-format-printers...

Be sure to download and install the OnLine Printer manual - valuable, searchable resource.

If you have a Canon camera you can go to the support site for that camera and download camera software.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

If you are in the US check for rebates on the printer. Should be able to get it for $120 or less, which will include $50 worth of paper.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you. How do I look for these rebates sir?  Amazon had a Pro-100 printers ranging in price from $265-$299

Check B and H photo video

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I will type B and H photo video?  I will try that now.

Mr. Hoffman. I am a native New Yorker living in Arizona. I remember B and H when I lived in the City. They have been in business for over 40 years.  You are correct. You performed a mitzvah for me today. Canon does have a $250 rebate expires Feb 28,  $369.99 printer-$250 Canon rebate=$119 for that printer.. affordable finally Thank you.  The ink 8 pack was $114 at B and H and $113 on Amazon but B and H gives free shipping.. Such a deal! 

Announcements