cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-100 5c00

Bluediablito
Apprentice
Hello all,

I purchased a PIXMA PRO-100 a couple of years ago. I has been nothing but great to me. I got me through my final semester in college and it was a great to me printing my portfolio. Now that I am trying to use it for the other chapter in my life our wedding I am running into problems.

I am receiving an error 5c00.
It was working a couple of month ago and then it stopped. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
What I have tried
-re formatted my PC/re installed the driver.
-added the printer to the network /removed from network
-re installed the drivers and plugged the printer via USB.
-removed power and removed the ink and back on.

What I have noticed that is different
-the ink does not light up when I remove it.
-ink head on start up does not move left or right but it moves up and down.
-yellow and white flashing.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I call the cannon for help?

Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Bluediablito,

First and foremost, congratulations on the wedding.

The 5c00 is a general hardware failure error kind of like a check engine light in a car. It would require service to see what is causing the error.

Since the printer is out of the 1 year warranty, you do have the option of taking it to any local electronic repair shops in your area that can service printers. You would also for the Canon Upgrade Program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Bluediablito,

First and foremost, congratulations on the wedding.

The 5c00 is a general hardware failure error kind of like a check engine light in a car. It would require service to see what is causing the error.

Since the printer is out of the 1 year warranty, you do have the option of taking it to any local electronic repair shops in your area that can service printers. You would also for the Canon Upgrade Program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Bluediablito
Apprentice
Thank you
Announcements