cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma pro100 paper feeds but then stops

yachtcruising
Contributor

I have a pixma pro 100 which feeds the photo paper then stops.  I have this caution sign on the printer indicator (on my computer) but when open it up it looks as though it is printing fine, but it is not.  No printer code or anything to indicate that it's not printing.  Anyone have clues to whats going on.  Have done a deep cleaning.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Head cleaning won't affect paper feed. Try a roller cleaning using the app. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Head cleaning won't affect paper feed. Try a roller cleaning using the app. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks I just did that but same problem the paper feeds, but doesn't print.  the app says its online and printing.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks I did this for a couple of times and it worked!  Now I am dealing with hairline white line down one side.  Ugh never ends.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Does it show up in the nozzle check? Sounds line a nozzle is clogged and not passing ink. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Ok back to my initial problem,  my paper feeds then it prints a little, then stops.  Tried all sorts of paper and the manual feed still the same.  Also my problems says its printing (like its getting the signal) but no error code.  Yes I tried the roller cleaning app.  Yesterday got it going beautifully now im back to square one.  Any other ideas of videos I could watch?

So I have found the problem with the canon pro 100 with feeding then stops printing on any paper, whether rear or manual feed.  So I turned off the wifi at night (I know probably think im crazy but I do sleep better).  I haven't used the printer for a while since I turn off wifi.  Each time you turn the wifi off when you come to use the printer it sends a new ip address to printer.  So you have to completely turn off printer and unplug to get good connection.  What confused me was that the printer printed an inch before stopping, so naturally I though the connection was ok and that it was a problem with the roller.  Yesterday I unplugged the printer and it worked and then this morning didn't.  I didn't put two and two together until got my hubby involved and we sussed it out together.  Two bloody days out of my life I can't get back lol.  So I guess Ill have to put up with not sleeping,

yachtcruising
Contributor

Update the feeding problem happened again.  Finally, found a good guy at Canon support.  Between us we found that despite my internet connection being good, my wi-fi signal from my router was not strong enough.  The communication from my laptop to the printer was ok, and indicated it was printing, the paper feeded then stopped.  We connected via ethernet, and it's working great now.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements