cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-10 - Error Code B200

A2
Apprentice

1) Support Code : B200 says "An error has occured. The printer needs repair. Turn printer off and unplug the power cord of the printer from the power supply. Then see the manual and contact the service center."

2) The orange light is flashing in 10-flash segments. There is no error troubleshooting help for 10 flashes in the Canon guide.

Please let me know what I can do on my own. I can not lift the printer by myself (it weighs a TON) to take it to a service center.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AaronHoyle
Contributor

Hopefully this helps anyone with a B200 error.  I have a Pro-10 that started flashing alternating between the power and fault LEDs, 10 times per LED per sequence.  Totally unresponsive to anything I did, has all Canon pigment installed and only Canon pigment has ever been installed.  Tried unplugging power, restarting numerous times, nothing.  I even tried someone's suggestion to unplug power, hold power button 30 seconds, reconnect AC power, still didn't work. 

Here's what solved it after deciding to experiment to try and initiate a hard reset command and not feeling that holding the power button down for 30 seconds while unplugged would accomplish doing that.

I unplugged the unit, held the power button down for at least 30 seconds (was probably about a minute), while STILL HOLDING THE POWER BUTTON DOWN plugged the unit back in and kept holding the power button down for at least another 30 seconds (likely was more like a minute), while doing this the power LED was solid white the entire time...  then while still holding down the power button also pressed and held the feed button for at least another 30 seconds (holding both down).  Upon releasing the two buttons the printer appeared to be off.

I turned the printer back on and, lo and behold, it started up and performed a lengthy self clean cycle and functioned as normal.

Hope this helps someone, may work on the Pro-100 as well.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You should give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Oh God. Never do that right away. Here, let me cover what that call will be like:

“Please be sure your unit is powered up. Can you confirm your unit is powered up?”

Then

“Have you run the most recent firmware updates”… and so on. I’d stick to the forums.

AaronHoyle
Contributor

Hopefully this helps anyone with a B200 error.  I have a Pro-10 that started flashing alternating between the power and fault LEDs, 10 times per LED per sequence.  Totally unresponsive to anything I did, has all Canon pigment installed and only Canon pigment has ever been installed.  Tried unplugging power, restarting numerous times, nothing.  I even tried someone's suggestion to unplug power, hold power button 30 seconds, reconnect AC power, still didn't work. 

Here's what solved it after deciding to experiment to try and initiate a hard reset command and not feeling that holding the power button down for 30 seconds while unplugged would accomplish doing that.

I unplugged the unit, held the power button down for at least 30 seconds (was probably about a minute), while STILL HOLDING THE POWER BUTTON DOWN plugged the unit back in and kept holding the power button down for at least another 30 seconds (likely was more like a minute), while doing this the power LED was solid white the entire time...  then while still holding down the power button also pressed and held the feed button for at least another 30 seconds (holding both down).  Upon releasing the two buttons the printer appeared to be off.

I turned the printer back on and, lo and behold, it started up and performed a lengthy self clean cycle and functioned as normal.

Hope this helps someone, may work on the Pro-100 as well.

Thanks for posting that. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks very much for your post. An hour ago I was faced with a totally unresponsive printer. I followed your instructions and have now printed the photo I wanted. I thought I was going to have an expensive repair or replacement but everything is now working propoerly. You have saved my a lot of money and hassle, thanks!

Very helpful, Aaron Hoyle, but I did a slight modification:

1. Unplugged the printer

2. Held the power button down for 30 seconds

3. Plugged in power cable (then turned power bar on, to be safe), but continued to hold down power button for another 30 seconds

4. Released power button, power light was solid white (no blinking), and went through some process on its own for 3 minutes or so

5. Power button stayed lit solid white, then I printed a document as a test (slow printing, but then this is for pictures; the doc was just a printing test).

Gotta say, your answer led me to solving the problem!!! 🙂

Aaron Hoyle, this worked great! The only step that didn't work for me in your post was pressing the "feed button." For some reason that made the yellow light stay solid and I had to repeat the whole steps over again. However, if I simply follow your steps, and take out the need to hold the "feed button" at the end, it works perfectly! Thanks so much!

Thank you so much for posting this. It didn't work for me, but after sweating out the weekend thinking I had an unexpected new large purchase ahead of me, I called 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and waiting on hold for some time, the technician talked me through the problem. Always in the past 4 years, whenever a cartridge was about to run out, the printer forced a cartridge change before attempting to print, but apparently this time not. It's working fine now.

Thank you so much for this information. It WORKED!!!  Also when it turned on and I'm ready to print, it did say I needed a new cartridge.  When I put it in, everything was just dandy.  Again, thanks so much - take care and stay safe.  My best to all...

Announcements