cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro100s and Adobe Photoshop. Print Studio Pro not working. MacBook Pro

Maggie_White
Contributor

I have alway use the "Print Studio Pro" Plugin in Photoshop in the File>Automate Drop Down. But since update in Photoshop it has disappeared and I can't get it back. I phoned Canon who were useless as they sent me a "Fix" which had nothing to do with this Problem. (The FIX they sent me was for "Fine Art Profiles" - Can you beleive it) Is it a Photoshop or Canon Problem? Can any one help. I use a MacBook Pro 10.13.6 High Siera. (I haven't upgraded to the new Mojve yet).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to Finder->Applications

Since you had a previous Photoshop (2018CC?) open that dropdown. You should see afoler "Plug-ins"

Open that dropdown

Copy "Print Stdio Pro" folder.

Do the same for Photoshop 2019CC and paste the folder into the "Plug-ins" folder.

I don't have earlier PS installed, but I will post a screenshot of my 2019 folder.

Applications 2018-11-29 09-16-35.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You need to install it manually. process for LR and PS is the same.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Lightroom-Classic-8-0-and-Print-Studi...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi,

I tried that and although it says it's install it does not appear in the Automate drop down menu. Is it somewhere else?

M

Hi Maggie. Welcome to the forum. 

Just to confirm, you followed these steps:

To install PSP, go into Applications->Canon Utilities->Print Studio pro and run the Plug-in Installer. It will ask about LR (unless you don't have LR). Select "Next" Select Photoshop and click "Browse" Browse to App, find Adobe Photoshop, select the Plug-ins folder and select Open Select "Next" It should install.

If if you go to the Photoshop Plug-in folder do you see a folder called PSP?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I have been to Photoshop>About Plug-in then the drop down menu. The is NO PSP there. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Go to Finder->Applications

Since you had a previous Photoshop (2018CC?) open that dropdown. You should see afoler "Plug-ins"

Open that dropdown

Copy "Print Stdio Pro" folder.

Do the same for Photoshop 2019CC and paste the folder into the "Plug-ins" folder.

I don't have earlier PS installed, but I will post a screenshot of my 2019 folder.

Applications 2018-11-29 09-16-35.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

THANKS jrhoffman75, YOU ARE A STAR. That worked for me.

Spoke too soon. Although it now appears in the Drop Down Menu of "Automate" it will not open properly.

Can  Print studio.jpeg

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
What version?

Did you try quitting and reopening PS?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes, I tried quitting and also did a restart. No Joy.

M.

Announcements