cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro-100 Printing all color as magenta

lsteele
Apprentice

Hi all!

I have had this printer for years and it's always been reliable, up until about a month ago. 

Colors are coming out as magenta / shades of pink. However, blacks are still black, and all test pages come out with proper colors. 

All new ink carts, ran every single clean and maintenance cycle (cleaning, deep cleaning, print head alignment, nozzle check, bottom plate cleaning, and roller cleaning) and I'm using Red River's Polar Matte which always works incredibly well with this printer. Not sure what's going on here. Any and all advice appreciated! 

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you state that the nozzle check is printing correctly, as shown below:

Screenshot 2023-04-17 170404.jpg

then the problem is most likely related to your printing software settings.

First, reinstall the printer driver just to be sure that it didn't become corrupted.

Then, check your settings to be sure you aren't double profiling. 

What operating system are you using?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi there John and thank you!

Yes, the print test looked just like that. It was streaky at first but after running several deep cleaning cycles and changing out all of the carts it’s printing fine. 
I did redownload the drivers (windows 10) I will have to double check my settings. On a bit of a time crunch, a quick, albeit not perfect, solution was to select “printer chooses color profiles” in the settings of the print dialogue box. Still slightly pinkish tint to the oranges. 

Announcements