cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PRO-100 can't print panorama

kenabr
Contributor

I'm trying to print a 13x25.5 print on matt paper. Lightroom shows my cell size as12.72x25.40. I keep getting a message that the media type or paper size are not set correctly. What am I doing wrong

18 REPLIES 18

You need to limit width to 12.95 inches, which is the actual width of A3+ paper.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

The paper is Red River 60 lb. Polar Matt C1S

Still need to set page width at 12.95. 

D3BC9C7A-3BA7-4448-A8DA-D5DC38238415.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks to this forum I disovered the 26" panorama custom override. I just receieved a shipment of Palo Duro Baryta Fiber 300 from Red River Paper. Thanks again to forum members for the info about this EXCELLENT paper company!

I actually had to buy 13x38" paper, and will need to make one cut in each sheet to print.

Jose Rodgriguez has a video about printing 26" panos. His max image area is 12.731 x 25.685"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me1oxx8xMnQ&t=102s

I'm guessing you really need to keep an eye on ink levels as prints of this size will be very thirsty.

This paper is fairly expensive and I dpn't want to waste any. Do any of the pros here have any additional comments/suggestions for successful printing with this custom size?

Has Canon made any firmware updates that would effect or improve oversize pritning? 

Thanks!

My first attempt at printing 13x26 is giving me an error: "The media type & paper size are not set correctly"

Red River suggests using Photo paper Pro Luster for this paper (Palo Duro Baryta Fiber 300) and I have the appropriate Profile installed/selected.

I have the paper size set to 13x26 -which I'm gussing is the culprit. Joe Rodriguez suggests using an Image SIze of: 12.731 x 25.685". That seems to indocate 13x26" paper size would be crrrect.

I tried changing from the default margins to Top: .13  Bottom: .13   Left: .15    Right: .15

Still getting same error. 

Other setting?

Thanks

12.95 is actually the max allowable width. 13x19 is commercial roundoff.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Instant resolve- thank you!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Its less ink than printing two A3+ prints, so you will have no trouble.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

kenabr
Contributor

Actually it can under custom settings print around 25.5inches. I ws able to print 38 inch panos on an Epson printer that died before I bought the Canon  Pro 100. I can't believe that Canon wants to be shown up by Epson.

Announcements