cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Install Pro-1000 Driver (Windows 10)

Epos7
Contributor

I'm on Windows 10 19042.985

Recently purchased and set up a Pro-1000. I was able to connect to the Wi-Fi network through the printer itself, and Windows can find my printer. I can also find the printer when I go through the setup wizard.

Problem is I can't install either the complete driver/software package (win-pro_1000-1_1-n_jucd.exe) or the driver (p68n-win-pro_1000-1_10-ea22_5.exe).

The software/driver package fails saying something along the lines of "Installation failed. IJ Driver could not be installed."

The driver install fails saying "An error occurred while files were being copied. : 0001 0002"

Things I have tried:

Restarting the computer

Running the installer(s) as administrator

Removing the Pro-1000 from the list of printers in control panel (Windows seems to have auto-added it)

Disabling Webroot (anti-virus/firewall)

Not sure what else to try. The printer is in a location where I can't connect via USB.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I may have found a solution.

It is possible to restart Windows with driver signature enforcement disabled. Doing so appears to allow the drivers to install.

1) Click Start > Power

2) While holding the Shift key, click restart

3) Select "Troubleshoot"
4) Select "Advanced Options"
5) Select "Startup Settings"

6) Select "Restart"

7) When your computer restarts, select the option that corresponds to "Disable driver signature enforcement"

You should now be able to install the drivers. You'll get a warning message that Windows could not verify the driver signature, and will have to click install anyway.

This appears to work, for now. I'm in a bit of a conundrum because now I have this Canon printer but now hate Canon with a fiery passion. I believe there may be some issues with their driver signatures that cause installation errors on some Windows configurations.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Epos7
Contributor

Tried calling the Canon support number listed for this printer but can't seem to get ahold of anyone.

Epos7
Contributor

Tried the general number for ProGRAF printers and can't get ahold of anyone there either 😞

Romanf345
Contributor

You have to install the software before hooking the printer up to the computer.....had the same problem with another canon printer. Delete any instances in the settings area. Then install the drivers, etc. the software will tell you when to turn on the printer. Make sure the printer is not on while you are installing the software, otherwise windows will find it and install it's own version.

Thanks but I'm not sure if that's possible. The installer requries the printer to be on and connected, because one of the early steps in the installer is to select your printer from the list of available/connected printers.

I was able to reach Canon by phone today. They said this is a known issue and they do not have a fix for it. They blamed it on Windows, but I have had no issues installing any other software or drivers on this machine.  They said it's a Windows issue that can crop up with any Canon printer driver.

To me this seems like a Canon driver issue and not a Windows issue.

I may have found a solution.

It is possible to restart Windows with driver signature enforcement disabled. Doing so appears to allow the drivers to install.

1) Click Start > Power

2) While holding the Shift key, click restart

3) Select "Troubleshoot"
4) Select "Advanced Options"
5) Select "Startup Settings"

6) Select "Restart"

7) When your computer restarts, select the option that corresponds to "Disable driver signature enforcement"

You should now be able to install the drivers. You'll get a warning message that Windows could not verify the driver signature, and will have to click install anyway.

This appears to work, for now. I'm in a bit of a conundrum because now I have this Canon printer but now hate Canon with a fiery passion. I believe there may be some issues with their driver signatures that cause installation errors on some Windows configurations.

Sounds like the problem is with windows not allowing a driver to be installed, not a Canon problem.

It's possible, although checking Canon's driver signature with DigiCert shows that one of the signatures expired in Feb 2020. It additionally throws a warning that the signature doesn't contain a timestamp.

Could be an issue with Canon's driver signature. I'm no expert on Windows driver signing so I can't say for sure.

This did not work I still cannot install any software for the pro1000

Announcements