cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ibp622cdw bonjour goes offline frequently

beaudad
Apprentice

OSX 11.4 with bonjour.  Great printer, which was SO EASY to setup, and I could print from all my devices wirelessly.  

HOWEVER, after a few hours it goes offline.  Waking it up manually and then ADDing it as a printer again works...for a few hours, but it always goes offline after a few.  I tried a dedicated IP on the wireless network, but was no help.  It seems to disconnect (perhaps when it sleeps?) and then won't automatically reconnect.

I put it on a wire, and all is well with my mac which is also on the same wired network, however wireless devices understandably can't find it as thats a different network.

disappointed.

Is this happenning to everyone?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

We ocassionally have to wake these printer up, say after a weekend of inactivity, but day to day using a static IP connected via ethernet hasn't been a problem.  All of our printer are connected via ethernet, so I am not able to discern if ths is an issue in our environment. 

Sleep mode shouldn't affect the printer's ability to wake.  Typically its the routers ARP table that keeps a wireless device from waking. (router doesn't pass wake packets)  I would definitely use a static IP and revert any changes to power management and sleep settings if changes were made in the remote UI. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

beaudad
Apprentice
Thanks. Using Ethernet has been 100% reliable. The issue is using bonjour/apple to connect wirelessly. It always goes offline, losing connection and not automatically reestsblishing. Static IP didn’t help.

I’m unclear if this is a firmware cannon issue, apple bonjour, or some missing configuration step.

Hello Beaudad,

When using a bonjour connection, the computer can sometimes switch to using the generic apple airprint driver system. In this situation, I would suggest, going into printers and scanners and removing any connections from the list using the - in the bottom left hand corner.

Once the printer has been removed, you can try adding the printer again. When adding the printer, make sure the USE drop down box near the add button shows the driver for the printer and not the option for airprint. Once it is set to the name of the printer, you can click add and check if the new connection is more reliable.

If you are unable to select the printer name in the USE box, you can try downloading and reinstalling the UFRII printer driver Found at the link HERE. Once the driver has been reinstalled, you can try adding the printer again to see if you can select the correct driver for the printer in the USE dropdown box.

Announcements