cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon pro 1000 constantly goes offline and have to power off

Steveuffman
Apprentice

I have had this printer for a long time and it's been great but since last IOS update on MacBook Pro, it goes offline frequently.  I have deleted and reinstalled, update drivers and more and its really aggravating...Now on the MacBook Pro, the driver is showing 3.0 even though I have installed imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.26.10.0.0 (Mac which says its the latest....stumped...thoughts?

Have high level wifi connection and printer shows its its wireless is good...HP printer never loses connection...not sure what is going on....

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

When you reinstall the printer, does your computer try to default the software to Airprint and then you have to manually change it to the Canon driver? 

We look forward to your reply. 

If you would like assistance in real time, you will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks for your reply.   Problem resolved with call with support .   I remember seeing the AirPrint pop up but don’t remember context.   We deleted printer and reinstalled.   Then found I had more than one instance installed on windows machine and default was not the one that got the updated driver.   We deleted default and all good since.  I wonder if the extra printer listed was AirPrint.  Just don’t remember 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements