cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G4200 MP Drivers fail to install

mikejm
Apprentice

I am unable to install the MP Drivers on my Windows 10 Desktop. I used  the installer 'm68n-win-g4000-1_01-ea34_2.exe' from the Canon website and it went OK up to the point that it said it was Registering Drivers. With the progress bar half or three quarters of the way it comes back with an error message with the error code 0205 0097. That code isn't explained on the Canon website. Does anyone know what the code means and how to fix the problem?

5 REPLIES 5

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

That is not a Canon specific error code so we will need some more information to try and resolve this issue. What web browser do you have the Canon website open in? Did you save the file first and then try right clicking on the file name and selecting "Run as administrator"? 

We look forward to your reply. 

Hi and thanks for your response. I'm using Edge for the browser and I saved the file and execute it as administrator. I'm attaching a picture of the error message. Where could this error originate other than Canon?

Regards,

Mike2023-01-25 18_36_25-Window.png

I tried downloading the Canon file using Chrome and executing as administrator. I got the same error. If it's not from Canon, it must be from the installer package they used.

Hi,

I just tried installing the same file on 2 different computers running Windows 10 and I was able to download the file and run the installer program. I used both Edge and Chrome to download and install the file.  

It is possible there is a firewall or security feature on your computer that is interfering with the download of the file. 

You may want to reach out to Microsoft support or the security software provider and see if there is anything they can do on there end. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi ArthurJ ,

I understand your suggestion to talk with MS, but I can't call it a solution. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Mike

Announcements