cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF Scan utility not communicating with MF726cdw scanner

rtuntland
Contributor

I recently lost wireless contact with my MF726cdw and had to reinstall drivers which worked as far as printing but I’m unable to scan getting the 255,0,0 error. In the Canon MF Network Scanner Selector I’m only allowed to select one printer which is called Canon MF720C ser_80AA589232C64. But its MAC address is not the same as my printer. How do I get the utility to communicate with my MF726cdw like it used to prior to the preinter reinstall?

4 REPLIES 4

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Rtuntland,

In this situation, I would suggest uninstalling the scanner driver, the MF scanner selector and the MFscan utility. Once they have been uninstalled, you can reinstall the drivers and software using the link provided HERE. We would be happy to assist  further with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the version of the Mac or Windows operating system on your computer, we can provide more information.

For a more immediate response, feel free to contact support at 1-800-652-2666, our agents would happy to help.

It looks like the scan driver is part of the print drivers. I finally got the printer working and don't want to mess with that. This preinter and scanner worked flawlessly for years and now, without any changes being made to my computer or network, I'm running into trouble.

I reinstalled and it's not working. The initial screen is not referencing my printer, and it only sees what is listed. I cannot open the scanner selector. I think it's time to try a different brand of printer.open screen.JPGscan error.JPGcannot communicate.JPG

Hello Rtuntland,

If the printer works, the MF726Cdw should be on the network and working. If the computer can't reach the scanner after needing to reconnect to the network, this would usually point to an issue in network communication or there can be security blocking the scanner connection. In this situation, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help with your issue.

Announcements