cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't remove printer in Control Panel

GerryPeters
Contributor
I have a Canon MX410 and a MX920 printers. They're connected by USB to my upstairs WIN 10 computer. They are in a wired network with my WIN 10 downstairs computer.

In the past when I have a problem with a network printer, I remove it and reinstall it. This time I've done that several times and it still doesn't work. Then I removed it and rebooted and found it was still there.

So I see it's a different problem. It's not really getting removed when I hit the "remove" button under control panel/devices and printers. I tried a registry fix, but that didn't work either.

Deleted the Canon 410 in the registry key below

HKEY_CURRENT_USER – Printers – Connections

I went to control Panel I selected the printer and chose Printer server properties/Drivers and tried to remove the printer driver and driver package and since it's a network printer I got an error message

I also tried to delete it and it's driver package using printmanagement.msc It says the printer is in use and won't remove it. . I wish I could somehow nuke the whole printer setup thing and start over and reinstall both printers on my downstairs computer.

Any ideas?
0 REPLIES 0
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements