cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prints with gray haze/background

mkrfaust
Apprentice

Canon Imageclass733Cdw ... this never happened before ... it's starting printing every document with a gray haze/background (not spots). It's light gray over the entire background of the paper - like the light gray areas on this forum page. I've checked/changed paper quality on the machine and in the paper tray, cleaned fixing assembly (several times), put "prevent fogging" on, adjusted gradation, read the manual ... and am now losing my mind. Please help!

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi mkrfaust!

I will be glad to assist you.

I see that you have performed the fixing unit cleaning a few times. I recommend performing a transfer belt cleaning as well. Please follow the instructions below to clean the transfer belt:

1. Select <Menu> in the Home screen. 

2. Select <Adjustment/Maintenance> <Maintenance>.

3. Select <Clean ITB>.

4. Select <Start>.
Cleaning starts. When a message appears stating that cleaning is complete, press to return to the Home screen.

If the issue persists, after performing the cleaning, it is recommended that you call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I should have been more clear ... I've tried ALL of the cleaning options, including fixing assembly, ITB, and feeder. Tried all types of paper. Of course I'm using canon toner. Nothing has helped. One day it was working perfectly, the next day ... gray background.  I tried calling the help number you provided; I get through the prompts and then ... silence ... I waited for over ten minutes with only silence ... twice:(

Hi mkrfaust.

It does sound like there may be another internal issue with the printer, but at this point, we will have to recommend that you call in and speak with our telephone support group. I'm not sure if you were ever able to get through, but you can also try 1-800-828-4040, 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM EST.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements