cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF733Cdw Fan Running Continuously

kylecantrell
Apprentice

I've got a new MF733Cdw laser printer which I've had for a week.  It works great, but I noticed this weekend that the fan is running continuously, even when it is in sleep mode (which it is).

Is this normal?

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi kylecantrell.

It is possible for the machine to make minor adjustments while it is in Energy Saver mode, but this does not usually cause the fan to turn on. Please verify that the printer firmware is up to date by following the instructions below:

1. Select <Update Firmware> in the Home screen. Home Screen. A check for existence of the latest firmware is performed.

If the <This is the latest firmware version.> message is displayed, there is no need to update the firmware.

2. When a license screen appears, select <Accept>.

3. Select <OK>.

When the firmware update is complete, the machine restarts automatically.

Do not turn OFF the machine while the restart is in progress.

If there is no firmware update available, or if the issue is not resolved by updating the firmware, please call our Enterprise & Desktop Solutions Divisions at 1-866-261-9362 or 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements