cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF733cdw scanner + adf randomly went out?? help!!

toohey91
Apprentice

I had all of my printers drivers/software installed properly, were working to a T. Then one day the adf went out.. an inconvienience, but no big deal, i can make due. now the other day the printer went out. giving me an error messages along the lines of 'printer has either been disconnected/removed from the network. scanner driver will be terminated.' So i came on the forums here, where I found info to uninstall existing drivers and software, and reinstall latest drivers. Did that, and scanner and adf still both don't work?? the printer is on my network, i tried hooking printer up to network via ethernet to router but it didn't seem to make a difference. Please help!! thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Printer is on your network.  Connected via ethernet.  What OS you are running?  

What is it's IP address?

Can you ping it?

Can you view its webserver in your browser?

Can you confirm, do you have the IJ Networking Tool installed?

If so, what does it report?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

1. I am running Windows 10

2, 3, 4. I'm not sure how to do that.

5 a/b. I do not have it, would that be a good starting place?

Patrice
Whiz

Hi toohey91.

I will be glad to assist you.

Just to confirm, are you able to make a regular copy from the ADF?

If you have confirmed that you are able to make a copy from the ADF, please open the MF Scan Utility and click the Settings button. Please select Document scan in the left column. Next, view the scan options on the right side of the window.

Please verify if the Scanning Method is set for Auto Mode, and then try the scan again.

If the issue persists, or you require additional assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements