cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change scan resolution on Canon MF733CDW

doctorfork
Apprentice

Hi,

I bought this multifunction office printer recently, and I love it except that there is only one available scan resoution available, 300 dpi) when I scan to my Mac Book Pro running Mac OS 10.13.6.

Attached is a screen shot

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.28.32 PM.png

As the image shows, only the 300 dpi option is available in the resoution menu. This causes the scanned file size to be quite large for multi page documents.

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

Open up a copy of the scanner's User Guide at the link below...

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/3/0300029863/04/mac-scan-v2130-ug-en.pdf

Start out at page 32 and pay particular attention to page 35. I think having your output format set to PDF has locked you into some settings that you'd want for a higher quality scan and assuming that you may not know how to adjust some of these settings yourself.

I suspect that by choosing "Custom" as your output format you'll be be able to choose the scanning resolution you desire and you'll probably be able save this custom scanning profile for later use. It may unlock some other scanning parameters as well.

Patrice
Whiz

Hi doctorfork.

I will be glad to assist you.

It looks like you are using the Mac Image Capture program. Please open the MF Scan Utility from Launchpad, and then click ScanGear. The ScanGear MF window will open:

Click the Advanced Mode tab, and then you will be able to select up to 600 dpi using the platen glass.

If you have any further questions, or need any additional assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements