cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma G2160 refuses to print (has proven it can) since update to MacOS Sonoma

RaeC
Apprentice

I don't expect a resolution, but I want this on the record to save other users whose printers were bricked by Canon after the Sonoma update. I've spoken with Canon LATAM extensively about my issue. They were dismissive. Doesn't matter that the printer was only two months old when the issue started. They use said to buy a new printer. So this points to them purposely bricking their devices (note to manufacturers who do this: this is not how you get a repeat customer).

After upgrading to Mac to OS Sonoma, I've managed to print the odd page or two, but usually the printer is stuck in copy mode and print jobs are immediately paused. The fact that I get the odd page to print is proof that printing not working is a deliberate Canon issue, nothing to do with my cable or printer software. I've done the drain the power, change the cable, uninstall and reinstall the printer thing many times.

I run Windows 10 on my Mac, so I tried to print through there and I have the exact same behaviour. The LATAM rep said it might be because of the new Mac chip not being compatible with their printers, which I've proven is not true since the printer does print when it wants to print, so it seems like Canon is just too lazy and greedy to update their drivers.

1 REPLY 1

Stephen

Welcome to The Canon Community.

We appreciate your participation. However, we need to let you know that Canon USA hosts and moderates the Canon Community within the United States. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market. Our team here at Canon USA does not sell or support the PIXMA G2160. 

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Announcements