cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF6180dw Very slow scanning

kurtm
Apprentice

Office is running a MF6180dw connected to the network via WiFi. Client PCs are all Win10 Pro.

Recently, scanning has become incredibly slow. A single page takes nearly 10 minutes to scan.

I've tried the following:

1. Cycle power on the printer: no change

2. Uninstall drivers and Toolbox from PCs; cycle power; reinstall (verify using the most current drivers/toolbox/patch): no change

3. Change scan resolution settings: this resulted in horrible quality scans, but still took nearly 10 minutes per page.

My users tell me they used to be able to cycle the power on the printer and this would temporarily cure the issue. However, it no longer does and I can't verify that was the case.

I'm stumped. Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello kurtum,

If the scans have slowed down and adjusting the resolution has not changed the scan speeds, it looks like a drop in network communication. The first step I would suggest would be to try unplugging the wireless router for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in. Once the network is back up, you can try another scan to see if the speed has improved.

If the speed has not improved, you can check the network settings for the printer using the steps in the link HERE to check the signal strength for the MF6180.. If the signal strength is not good or very good, I would suggest moving the printer to another location to see if the scan speed improves.

If it still does not improve, I would suggest contacting our support team at 1-800-652-2666. They can check the network environment and the PC settings to see what else might be causing a drop in the scan speeds.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements